ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car, E46 M3 # 2

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Third new car thread from me in about 6 months!
After deciding I was keeping the Porsche for a year 100% definitely a few day before, I happened to stumble on M3cutters again and saw a car I had to have. Viewed it the following day and then collected it the day after that!

The history with the car is a little ridiculous and it has certainly been pampered completely and utterly, in the last 4 years it has had £8253.56 spent on it, plus the warranty claim of the rear floor replacement at BMW! So nothing has been scrimped on!

It currently has about 91500 miles on it, and needs nothing doing other than some tidying up from me to be honest, drives superbly.

Part way home from Crewe:

9B6701AE-F8FB-46BD-A42F-452A61726A6A_zpsji59tinr.gif

Once home, there was a few stickers from the previous owner that I wanted to remove, and to change the interior trim from Carbon to Brushed Ali (mainly because my old one had Carbon so was nice for a change).

IMG_5388_zps3f10eb16.gif

IMG_5392_zps458c5f76.gif

IMG_5393_zpsd9e38840.gif

IMG_5394_zps4137ce1e.gif

IMG_5395_zps00a6e7f4.gif

IMG_5396_zpsa53f8531.gif

I also removed the 100 cell cats that the previous owner had fitted a week before I bought it, they were very very raspy, a bit too much for my early starts, so the originals back on and these will be up for sale.

IMG_5384_zps8c23ddba.gif

Future plans:

Front end refresh, paint, new light lenses, painted grills.
New wheels, fancy come Hyper Black CSL reps (works out better financially to buy new and sell these over a refurb!)
Complete detail to make it as good as I possibly can.
Rear discs and pads.
Remove rear tints.

And unless anything unusual breaks its pretty much going to be servicing and a bit of maintenance fingers crossed!

It drives great, SMG is brilliant for my driving style and commute! This one should be staying for a while as I always regret getting rid of my old one as they are such a good car!

IMG_5400_zpse3fcd0d1.gif

IMG_5398_zps11bf6301.gif

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Forgot to mention, also has Brembo's all round with CSL discs up front, so stopping power is in line with going power now!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Really want one next but they just scare me as to the running/repair costs.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Proper car! Cheers for taking me out for a spin in it last weekend Joe.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers lads.

It's lowered on eibach springs, so still nice and comfy.
Although I may have something on the way that pushes this out of my garage!

Z4
Good purchase mate.

I often consider going back to an M, but I'm not so sure.. Personally I think a lot of the fun can be had in lesser cars, these things really excel over 100mph which is just not usable in the UK! Lovely motors all the same.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Really like that, glad you took the stickers off etc. Don't bother changing the wheels just for a slight colour change.

Makes more sense mate, refurb = x, new wheels + selling old wheels = cheaper than x and easier to sort!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks decent as it is. Black wheels are for homo's.

I keep considering a track day E46... They are silly cheap now!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks decent as it is. Black wheels are for homo's.

I keep considering a track day E46... They are silly cheap now!

The current wheels are very tatty mate, and hyper black is just the aftermarket name for the shadow chrome finish that's a BMW OEM colour, so won't be chavvy by any means!

They are very cheap for what they offer, plus the £££'a you'll get back from stripping and selling interior etc, makes perfect sense.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The current wheels are very tatty mate, and hyper black is just the aftermarket name for the shadow chrome finish that's a BMW OEM colour, so won't be chavvy by any means!

They are very cheap for what they offer, plus the £££'a you'll get back from stripping and selling interior etc, makes perfect sense.

Ah okay. That would look okay then.

Wheel refurbs are a farse! Nobody seems to be able to replicate 'silver' - it surely cannot be that hard!

I've got to get the Clio wheels done and I know it'll be the same b****cks all over again!

Track m3, 18's all square set-up, Pilot Sport Cups, KW Clubsports, uprated lines and pads, etc. And you'll have a sub 8min ring car. Not bad for 7or8k!