ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car - Focus ST

^^In many ways they're probably a better car than the RS. The RS has an uncompromisingly stiff ride on our roads at low speeds. It also gets a lot of attention, which is good and bad depending on your mood. Considering the ST can easily be tuned to 280+bhp, they're probably the gentleman's choice out of the two.

Although, start tuning the RS and...

320d
I'm a big fan of the ST's. Best of both worlds really in that they're comfortable and have a good spec whilst still being fun. They also have that engine, which really gives the car character. Strongly considering one as my next car, I'd rather an RS but I can't afford one, which is a good enough reason to go for an ST.

Disastra Coupe
Passed another in this colour couple of day's ago and this thread sprung to mind... Not the colour i'd pick but looks pretty smart :)

Roy, i'm surprised you're calling the ride in the RS. I thought they weren't all that bad, that said i'm used to lowered car's. One thing i will say is the RS feels surprisingly planted for a car of it's size. I've only had a couple of passenger ride's but it does seem a very stable car.

Mini Cooper S
Very nice upgrade over the Jetta. I'm amazed you went for something at the complete other end of the scale in terms of performance and running costs! Glad the heart ruled the head ;)
De-stripe, black wheels, Eibach springs and remap ;)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Very nice upgrade over the Jetta. I'm amazed you went for something at the complete other end of the scale in terms of performance and running costs! Glad the heart ruled the head ;)
De-stripe, black wheels, Eibach springs and remap ;)

I went out my way to get one with silver wheels. Can't stand the black wheels on them. Springs is looking likely. I think the stripes are staying TBH. I've come to really like them. Remap, probably won't bother. I'm never going to track it and I'll never use the extra oomph. Plus I've read if you do remap upgrading the intercooler is also recommended, or expect the car to go into limp mode after a blast on a hot day. Don't know if that's true but I d rather not find out.

Thanks for all the other comments :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ah I see. No, I took the stripes off about a week after I said I would keep them on. Much prefer it now. A bit more subtle.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Thanks. Yes I am. Only made two posts and TBH never really go on much. Only signed up to read up on things to look out for and the buyers guide.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I am on Facebook. Am I going to end up getting sucked into spending thousands on subtle mods after "Liking" that page lol. I'm finding it hard enough to fight the urge of getting a set of Eibachs for it.