ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car - Focus ST

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
So after 2 1/2 years of Jetta ownership, I decided I wanted something different. About 3 months ago, my mate bought a Focus ST-2 and I decided after about 30 seconds of sitting in it that I also wanted one. So here is mine (spec first, then pictures):

2010 '60' Focus ST-3
2.5T 5 cyl, 225PS
18" alloys, currently with Continental SportContact 2s
Auto dimming mirror
Auto lights (xenons) and wipers
Climate control
Full leather + heated front seats
Keyless entry and start
Rear parking sensors
Rear window tints
Sat Nav, bluetooth & USB/iPod connections (also a 6 CD changer if you're interested)
'ST' side stripes

Comments welcome, both positive and negative.

DSC_0028.gif

DSC_0029.gif

DSC_0031.gif

DSC_0032.gif

DSC_0033.gif

Golf 7R
Colorado Red? Love these.

I'm not a fan of the stripes, but it's not my car.

Test drove a couple before the R26 and really enjoyed it, with the Megane just having the edge.

Enjoy.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Cheers all. Yeah I figured the stripes probably wouldn't go down well. TBH when I first saw the car I hated them. However, I've had the car a week now and I have grown to like them. It is indeed Colorado Red.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Ripe for boaby tapp'n. Get the eibachs for it really makes a big difference. although the stripes it'd be tempted to change them for silver fading ones to match the wheels. I very nearly got a red one the same spec as yours but with the panther black wheels but the deal i got on my silver one was better.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I live the side stripes on every colour apart from Red. For some reason, they look better stripeless.

Nice cars though, a friend has a 330hp one and its such a good car.

M16a
Looks great, Real soft spot for these in Red.

Although I too would lose the stripes, just doesn't pull them off in red IMO. Jaff's car suits them to a "T" though.

Hope you are enjoying it.

Brilliant cars. Love them in Colorado too, though I'd probably lose the stripes.
Dreamscience remap works wonders on them; my dads Panther Black one pulls like a train with just a map.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the stripe has to go. Red cars look so good on their own. The stripes are catching the eye too much.

I love the facelifts. Nice buy mate.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Haha, the stripe hate continues. I'll give some thought to taking them off. Might do a quick photoshop to see.

Cheers again.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you're needing it detailed mate give me a shout.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Great cars these go really well when mapped .
Like a drink though they do :)
Remove the stripes imo.

Nice. A close friend of mine has blue ST-3.

I like it in red but lose the stripes. They're better suited to white IMO. Red doesn't need them.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Think the car and seats look good, not too keen on the actual interior (Bar the seats) though.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Positives:- Everything, except...

Negatives:- In Red.

Bloody love them to be honest.

Mk5 golf gti
I love them, but they are very very user friendly with the standard map.

They need remapping for sure, currently debating getting one myself

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Spotted you sitting at Hermiston Gate earlier.

Haha, I thought you were going to say something like the car was a Cat C. Yeah that was me indeed.

What are these like on fuel? I would like one in the future but I imagine they drink like Sarah Harding on a hen doo...

Like the red also ;)

Over the week I've had it I'm averaging 26 to the gallon. I don't see that changing much either. I use it daily for my commute to work where I just dawdle along, then a but of fun at the weekend.

Z4
I like them, but can't help but have the attitude 'RS or nothing'

Kind of sucks having that attitude as I'm probably missing out on a good car there lol.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Funnily enough that actually crossed my mind ;) but I'm not that evil!

How does the fuel consumption compare to the VW?

I get about half the distance to the same amount of fuel. Worth it though.