ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car - Jaguar F-type V8

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Finally happened today.

Going to be a long two week wait to pick it up! Crap iPhone photo's will have to do for now.

E15B33C0-A8A3-4E3A-B766-087D3C9B6CDC.jpg

80C0FC94-D69D-4FC1-92DA-E6C3B42AF631.jpg

22FBE01B-21DA-4117-B669-DF39C6530FC7.jpg

4472CFB1-A61F-4312-ABE9-91537238B490.jpg

673794FD-8E3E-4518-9508-32B3FF998EEB.jpg

8F5D22B5-E87D-4944-BF53-4640BCCB1956.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
FFS, properly jealous. I seriously love that, like ginger however, I'm not a fan of those wheels.

Being critical, the door-side bolsters look a little worn? Anything that can be done?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I love F-types!

Sadly I don't like red. Or convertibles. Or those wheels.

But I do like Jag F-Types.

LOL

I only like the convertibles in red...

I'd love a coupe but not for summer.

I asked for these wheels as they are the new ones off the R models, luckily someone who ordered a new R couple wanted to swap wheels!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
FFS, properly jealous. I seriously love that, like ginger however, I'm not a fan of those wheels.

Being critical, the door-side bolsters look a little worn? Anything that can be done?

Getting a new drivers seat in it. The stupid posh soft leather isn't up to being on chairs.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Getting a new drivers seat in it. The stupid posh soft leather isn't up to being on chairs.
Great news. I bet you're mentally excited, I would be. You'll take me out in this when I'm next at my dads, yes?

Oh, I'll even take some photos of it, because yours f**king suck.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Great news. I bet you're mentally excited, I would be. You'll take me out in this when I'm next at my dads, yes?

Oh, I'll even take some photos of it, because yours f**king suck.

It's not sunk in yet. Got a while to wait yet before I can have it as i'm going to China on Saturday.

Dealer photo's for you:

http://www.sytner.co.uk/guy-salmon-...px?st=Vehicle&vhl=-608125&drv=158984&loctn=26

Did you pcp it in the end? What you doing with your Beemer?

36 month HP.

Traded it in Dan, it has 40k on it and its only 13 months old. It's not worth out!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So if the BM did 40k in a year and was worth nothing whats this going to be like in 3 years?

clio 182 trophy
Yeah good job its switchable, the noise is OTT when the pipes are open.

This one doesn't have the switch to have the exhaust on all the time, I'll be fitting one for when the mood takes but I couldn't listen to it all the time. They make C63's AMG's sound normal.

Sounds amazing but a time and a place for it. Like you say though, it is there at a flick of a switch if you fancy it. Don't get me wrong, i would be having it on a lot, a f**king lot, but not with family in the car. Couldn't see the mrs, baby and dogs being too impressed!:wink:

clio 182 trophy
What are the perfomance stats on the V8?
A v6 went screaming past me on the M4 when they were cirst out and they sounded immense too! Am i right in saying the v6 has the twin exit exhausts?

WRX
A v6 went screaming past me on the M4 when they were cirst out and they sounded immense too! Am i right in saying the v6 has the twin exit exhausts?
V6 has the twin central exhaust. The wheel choices really make or break them. Some colours suit certain wheels etc. I still can't decide on my favourite colour but Stratus Grey or Ebony Black are up there, along with both reds. It's a hard life looking at so many each day.:smile:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
0-60 = 4.2
0-100 = 7.9

50-70 as quick as an Aventador.

Top speed is limited to 186.

This version is the 488bhp/461lb/ft one. For a £500 re-map I can have the full 551bhp/503lb/ft. Not that it needs it all, it's rapid.

Reactions: JD
  clio 182 trophy
0-60 = 4.2
0-100 = 7.9

50-70 as quick as an Aventador.

Top speed is limited to 186.

This version is the 488bhp/461lb/ft one. For a £500 re-map I can have the full 551bhp/503lb/ft. Not that it needs it all, it's rapid.
Is the remap a performance package from jaguar or aftermarket?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Is the remap a performance package from jaguar or aftermarket?

After market. The new R's have the same exact engine, the only difference is the fact the early V8s' are torque limited. Basically you pay a dude with a laptop to turn the limit off if you feel the need for 50bhp.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh my. I love them. I drove the V8R coupe for a couple of miles and didn't once remove it from sport or dynamic mode and active exhaust on. Was like a spitfire constantly singing!

One thing I did notice as a passenger, traction breaks... easily. What are the R specs?

Fwiw, the Coupe I drove...

6a8a687f638d167d74a6c55250c1a459.jpg

d5e9c5203a5ead618236c98961f44fc9.jpg

bd71b0cc04a3e6fef2d295ba30c2f7b6.jpg