ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car - Jaguar F-type V8

Ad

MK2 FRS
Love F types, but wow the interior is so poor.
Lots of cars to choose from for that money and I am not sure that's where my money would be.
Sorry 😧

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lots of cars to choose from for that money and I am not sure that's where my money would be.
Sorry 😧
Whilst I see your point. It's quite a unique car, it's not a Cayman or a V8V sadly but it makes it cooler.

Sorry 😧

I thought the same actually. Stunning design on the exterior but the cabin looks a bit poor for a nearly 100k car IMO. Looks dated.

Absolutely gorgeous cars. My boss has the V6T and that's awesome enough. I would get tired of the popping and crackles though, not a big fan of those noises, so the switch sounds like a very good idea to me.

Bet you can't foocking wait to pick it up. Just awesome!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Jealous, very jealous but I can't help but think its the wrong colour and the Coupe looks much better. However if you buy the Coupe you can't get the roof down to listen to that engine. With the convertible, I'd be driving everywhere with the roof down, exhaust value open even in the rain.

An orange one
Really like that! Some upgrade from a 335d!

I do agree with the others on the wheels though, they don't seem to suit the car in my personal opinion.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Sorry 😧

No worries at all mate. Some of the guys on here will know how long its taken me to buy something due as you say to the choice on offer for 55k-65k. Last weekend I had holding deposits on:

This F-type
R8 V10
Vantage S

After extended test drives in all the F type was the only one that really left some kind of impression on me, the others felt old, well which they are I guess, I'd literally be buying the Aston for the badge and the R8 for the surprisingly quiet V10!

The Jag did the roof off job the best, and that'd what i wanted for summer, I even have a buy back agreed on it if I want to trade for a F type Coupe in next spring.

Some of the features of the interior are cool and the switch gear is interesting but in all black I do agree its a bit uninspiring! I had to have the performance seats to bring it up a level!

Then again the R8 felt like an A6 inside and the Aston while nice felt very 2001, which is to be expected.

I hope I've picked the best car for me. I love the 8 speed box, its the same thats in my 335d and the auto offerings on everything else were shocking. Plus its spec'd to the hilt and I love gadgets lol!

Also on its extended test on the A46/A45 it gave 32mpg. I can't complain at that!

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love it. Did I mention. Great choice mate.

So did you say the early model didn't come with the active switch? Even the boss said the V8R had too much power, seemed to break traction pulling away a tad too easy.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I love it. Did I mention. Great choice mate.

So did you say the early model didn't come with the active switch? Even the boss said the V8R had too much power, seemed to break traction pulling away a tad too easy.
The switch is an option even now. £400!

All S models have the active exhaust, mine only opens up on over 75% throttle, if I fit the switch I can have it open all the time.

The switch kits with remote switches from Astons fit too, so I'll go down that route as I don't want to take the centre console apart! The kit for an Aston is only £50 where as the jag switch and loom is like £350.

In the end I chose spec over the switch knowing I can add it later.

Mine has:

Keyless entry and start
Parking assist
Folding mirrors
Performance seats
Heated seat
14 way adjustable seats
Up rated hifi
Heated screen (the same as fords)
Auto wipers and lights (these are an option!!!)
'R' spec Gyrodine wheels with black and diamond finish (which everyone hates lol)

Those options at launch when this was sold were over £10000, the seats with adjust ability were over £4k!

Focus RS + S3
I love that! And i love the wheels lol

When i was working at jag a few months ago i took a customer out in a v8 convertible on a damp day, fair to say he lost the back but caught it and didnt take it above 40mph for the rest of the test drive lol

Got taken out in the R AWD before i left, and the thing astonished me, dealerships insurance wouldnt cover me to drive it because of my age

Ftypes on my 'to own' list in life

CEEF501F-F15D-466D-B2AD-D46F649BBA12.png

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Dat options list! Winning Steppppphen! My new favourite forum car.

Is the AWD model available over here yet?

RB Clio 182
Yeah good job its switchable, the noise is OTT when the pipes are open.

This one doesn't have the switch to have the exhaust on all the time, I'll be fitting one for when the mood takes but I couldn't listen to it all the time. They make C63's AMG's sound normal.

Anyone else feel the urge to smash his teeth in?

Love these cars great choice.

Snotter's
I like them a lot but as others have said Jag interiors on the whole are naff, my dough would be in a 997 gen 2 turbo.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
A good Gen 2 turbo is £70k and they sound so bland. My mates is a rocket ship but thats it.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
A good Gen 2 turbo is £70k and they sound so bland. My mates is a rocket ship but thats it.
Well...thats not 'it' is it.
They are also stunning...and comfortable and all weather dominators. And I think they sound awesome. (although nowhere near as awesome as your F Type)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There isn't a great deal of noise or character, bluntly easily the quickest thing i've ever been in, driven or passenger. I got to 60 then slammed on the brakes... :eek: Just instant power.

Snotter's
Give me that turbo sound any day, I love the sound of a 911 turbo and I don't want character (if that's what you mean by arse out fun)

Sorry to go off topic

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No not arse out fun. Just character, the GTR doesn't really have any, it's souless and blunt and f**king quick.

The 997 has a tad more character but still quite blunt all in.

Last edited:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Well...thats not 'it' is it.
They are also stunning...and comfortable and all weather dominators. And I think they sound awesome. (although nowhere near as awesome as your F Type)
Apart from the stunning bit my 335d does all the others, carries 4 and does 45mpg. It's been a very very hard car to replace.

It's also the main reason I was looking at 500ish bhp stuff. On the road the 335d was far faster than the Aston. 500lb/ft has spoilt me I think!

Titanium 182
Absolutely awesome car and always wanted a go in one, they sound perfect, I should know working on the line that builds them as maintenance and having to listen to them tottle off, never to be driven by me,still not tired of hearing them or the v6 even at idle. Admittedly though, I do prefer the coupe, not that I'd ever complain if i got a chance at either haha. Truly beautiful cars. Well done and congratulations on a mint car sir.

Apart from the stunning bit my 335d does all the others, carries 4 and does 45mpg. It's been a very very hard car to replace.

It's also the main reason I was looking at 500ish bhp stuff. On the road the 335d was far faster than the Aston. 500lb/ft has spoilt me I think!

The 335D is a cracking all-rounder imo!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Your pictures make red look crap. You almost fooled me but I saw a red one over the weekend. :cool: