ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car(s)!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Well as some of you know my Exige was nothing but trouble so I made sure I sold it somewhere far enough away it couldn't come back to haunt me (a chap from Italy came for it).

Not really knowing what I wanted next I ended up buying this to knock about in.
null_zpsbfb17055.jpg
Standard about from a stainless middle section and nice low mileage, done some bits and bobs to tidy it up and its all nice now

And also after having a obsession for these for years I went a bit daft and got myself this!

null_zps6370c5be.jpg

null_zps8f3ae032.jpg

null_zpse1372cfa.jpg

null_zps306eba6a.jpg

null_zps919a85d1.jpg

null_zpsd0dcc7c7.jpg

I love it, bit of a odd move from Lotus to Landrover but its great fun. Not done any proper off roading yet but gonna have a play this weekend if I get chance :)

Its had absolutely loads done to it, still haven't figured out half the stuff but from memory;

2000 2.5 TD5

Straight through exhaust with de-cat
Big front mount intercooler
ITG filter
Possibly mapped, not sure yet but imagine so
Compmotive alloys with 12.5x33x15" tyres
9500lb winch's front and back with winch bumpers
Lifted, not sure how much by
Safari roof rack with ladder!
Full cage which goes straight to the chassis
ARB air diff lockers with compressor front and back
Lots of light, two more for the back to go back one once cleaned up
Snorkle
Loads of guards and metal underneath
Two s**tty bucket seats to be changed asap
Axe and spade on the bonnet just in case I get in trouble in mansfield

Last edited:
That Landy is cool as fook!! That's a proper mans machine! Looking forward to seeing pics of it off road & all covered in crap!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Not sure why the pics came up so small :S

Attachments

• null_zps919a85d1.jpg
    null_zps919a85d1.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 89
Air lockers too? You c**t..lol! That will go anywhere..I know people say it with these, but it will..

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Hah I brought a good'n my Landy friend recons! Its your fault I brought it, I've always liked them then I got properly looking after you posted up the link of your mates!

Hah I brought a good'n my Landy friend recons! Its your fault I brought it, I've always liked them then I got properly looking after you posted up the link of your mates!

Haha loads of my mates have Landy's and when it gets to this time of year I always think of getting another 90. We went out last weekend and had lots of fun.

Spec looks great and air lockers are what dreams are made of. Just needs some fresh Insa's on there..

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
good purchase mate, give Danny a shout, him and some of the other lads up Sutton have started Green laneing a bit, it gets messy he's already ripped a sill off his vitari!lol!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
So cool! Perfect zombie apocalypse vehicle. Have you seem the camo one that's always parked outside the post office in Forest Town?
Yep it looks mint, there's two about a 90 and a 110 with the same paint, bring on the snow :D

good purchase mate, give Danny a shout, him and some of the other lads up Sutton have started Green laneing a bit, it gets messy he's already ripped a sill off his vitari!lol!
Ah i'll have to give him a bell, I imagine Danny's not the slow and controlled type of off roader :approve:

Nissan 350z
Wasn't expecting that move when i opened the topic! My mates really into his but its more the classic side of things that appeals to him. Hes got a CSK currently and is now restoring a 2door In Vogue. Green laning is also a bonus given our location, some nice places up behind Matlock Bath way :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Ah i'll have to give him a bell, I imagine Danny's not the slow and controlled type of off roader :approve:

that would be an accurate imagination you have right there matey ;) I don't think Danny has ever been slow and controlled in his life! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What an awesome bus with a great man's spec list! Want, a lot!!!!!!

172 Cup
Those TD5's sound unreal with a trick exhaust! Enjoy it mate, I'd have one if I could afford to run it!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
It sounds brill, straight pipe with one tiny back box, whistles like mad and there's the lovely 5cyl burble too :) I'll try and get a video off it

E36 328i
A mate of mine has one with some trick bits, but no-where near this spec. The grand total was eye watering, god knows how much money was sunk into that one.

What a machine!

Suzuki Jimny
What issues did you have with the exige? Really fancy one but don't fancy fixing it every weekend.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
well.. copied from Sagara's PM earlier

The door internals failed 6 times in 6 months, either locking you in or out of the car and everytime it was back to Lotus in Leicester, first two cost me £800 then everytime after it was covered but still a pain in the arse and it took a week to sort everytime.

One time the door stuck, managed to free it but smashed the window, that was another £200

On a track day the cat snapped in half, managed to weld it back up but still a pain.

Went into limp mode twice which cuts power to below 6k so nothing really, both times mid overtaking cars so that lost me a lot of confidence in the car.

Alarm went mental, wouldn't stop going off, took 6 weeks and £600 to sort, had to abandon my car in a Police compound for two weeks before anyone could get it booked in.

On hot days the a/c wouldn't work and the blowers would only blow hot air, turning them off wouldn't stop it. On cold days I got ice cold a/c or luke warm, slightly annoying.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Thats because you bought the one with the gash engine. Go big or get problems.

Suzuki Jimny
So would be epic as a second car, but not the sort of car you'd use in winter to get to work in time....
Had a few hours in a S version, think the noise would make up for the breaking.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yeah mine wasn't a daily just a toy, just made it more frustrating when you wait all week to go for a play then it's broken!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Wow now that's a machine, the only bit that looks like a disco is the door!

182 track, Mk7 ST
That 90 is quality!

Would love one at that spec myself.any weekends of green leaning coming your way haha!

Have you got many more plans for it or just use it? Perfect spec as it is it seems.

ST
172 looks tidy but that Defender is AWESOME !! My grandpa used to roll in a V8 110 Defender, epic bus, he had it for years before he passed without a single problem.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Got a few plans for it, I know they're not meant for comfort or warmth but I'd like to get it a bit more refined for on road, at the minute the heaters are s**te and the sun roof leaks, general landy things apparently.... could do with finding a newish one and ripping all the dash and everything out too. And I want a new shape bonnet with the big bulge in but they go for silly monies!

Yep gonna get it proper mudded up when I get some time off, a load of mates are really into green laneing and off road days so gonna see what she can do :)

I'd have loved a V8 one but that said the TD5 sounds damn good for a diseasele.