ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Smell

Yaris Hybrid

Just got my 182 back from the dealers after having the emissions light looked at - dunno what they did, they didnt say!

Anyway I have noticed that everytime I get my car back from them it smells strongly of that smell it had inside when it was new. Now I know it still smells like it did when it was new anyway as friends of mine comment on it, but obviously being used to the car I cant smell the new smell anymore.

So are they spraying it with something whilst it is in the dealers? I know they washed it cos I just cleaned the car before it went in but some monkey has sponged it down for no reason (it was gleaming) and because it hasnt been polished it looks worse now than whan I gave it to them! I just want to know what they might have sprayed it with so I can buy some of it myself!

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah but I have had a few new cars from different manufacturers and they all smell different. I like the Renault Clio smell!

Funnily enough I found all my Clios smelt the same and some had a cloth interior and obviously my 182 has different materials so I am not sure whether the smell comes from the new materials or if it is artificial....

I wonder if manufacturers do research into which smells keep customers coming back!

Id pay good money for cans of Clio new car smell.

Mines just been in dealers and they said theyd washed & vacuumed it. Then i noticed its a drive in carwash they use :eek: ill tell em not to bother next time im there.

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah I thought by cleaning mine first they wouldnt bother!

I mean what a bunch of plonkers, how the heck can you make a car look dirtier by washing it!