ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car this yr. maybe - options..

*Overall* i love my Clio 172. But im fed up with b****cks Renault tacky buzzing build quality, funny knocking noises and rattling exhausts! Im thinking of a new motor this year, and so far can only come up with these choices what you think peeps? - Id get a bloody 182, but i can imagine more build quality heartache!:

1) Ideally an Audi S3, latest version b4 they discontinued it.. bout £20k.. but it aint new, and im picky about stuff! So probs not. Unless i spot a MAJOR bargain.

2) SEAT leon cupra R. Bit larger, bit more grown up, bit more class, probably not much more speed.? - More persuaded towards this.. but worried theyll bring audis quattro system to them.

3) MINI cooper S works - i would imagine this would be the most "fun" ? But theres meant to be some new engines announced for MINIs soon?

4) Civic Type R - Dont *really* like the shape, not much quicker at all? U have to rag its b****cks off (bad fuel consumption etc) to get the most from it - but probably has decent build quality.

Argh! Nothing really else is there to compete?? practical and fast, with a little bit o class is what i want :cool: Wish I could feel confident about Renault / French cars. But Ive owned the 1st 206 GTI and that was built like sh*t too.

What do yall think?

Cheers, Si.

E36 323i coupe

I saw a Mini Cooper that had been shunted from the rear. It scared me so much, I was nearly sick, and I dont even drive one! The tailgate was just behind the driver... it had concertinad so badly! Anyone in the back would have been flattened - literally, and therefore, if there had been anyone in the back the people in the front would certainly have been killed. Terrifying!

Shame, cos I quite like the look of them.

Leon - ugly
Civic - ugly (door stop with wheels)
Audi - good car, but as you say, 2nd hand

How about an MGZR/S 160 - they are awesome cars. Handling is magnificent?

Or an Impreza, or an EVO?

Depends on your budget too!

Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI remap and youyr talking 200hp and 300+lb torque and in the lightest body the 150 has been dropped into

Skoda Ocatvia VRS remap to 220hp and 220lb torque

Skoda Fabia VRS 180hp 300lb torque after emap and only £12.5k

Audi S3 225

Quote: Originally posted by sjtb on 18 February 2004

2) SEAT leon cupra R. Bit larger, bit more grown up, bit more class, probably not much more speed.? - More persuaded towards this.. but worried theyll bring audis quattro system to them.
Hi m8 wot do you mean by this statement, im looking at the moment for an audi a3 quattro turbo. Is there a problem with the quattro system, is it bad?? just curious, dont wanna spend all the money and have a bad handling car.

Btw i rekon if ya got the money go for the S3 they are lovely cars.

Thanks all! To all those going on about modding etc, I have feck all clue about all that unfortunately!

Hmm, Skoda.. dunno about that! I agree theyre massively improved nowadays, buttt the name! lol.

Jonesy: Noo, nothing wrong with Audis system mate, go for it! I just meant that SEAT, part of the VW audi group uses a lot of audi parts and especially the 225 engine in the cupra R, and Ive read and heard before that this latest model is a transition to them before bringing in the 4 wheel drive system. And i dont want to buy a car with front wheel drive, only to be replaced shortly after with a 4wd model!!

So far, S3 / Cupra is "doing it" for me. Ideally if I was rich I would love to get the no doubt "monster to be" new shape Audi S3!!

Keep chillin, Si.

How about R32? I like the looks better than the S3 personally. Might not be your taste tho, but its an S3 with a vw badge if that helps!?

Mondeo STTDCI

My mate has a ZR160 and its fast enough for him. Best thing about it is that he points it where he wants it to go and it does. Even at pretty stupid speeds. The head turning it produces in the street is nice too! Trophy blue too common now but theres a nice anthracite/black colour about.

Thing is I think theres like a ZR210 in the pipeline - defo worth a look.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Audi S3?? Are you over 35?

SEAT leon cupra R...test drove 1 a few weeks back wasnt very impressed..looks nice tho..

MINI cooper S ..are u a girl? They are far 2 common ..still like em tho

Think a civic r is the best choice .. just looks like a fast van tho.:(

The only cars worthy enough to replace my cup would have to be an rx7 ,supra or an evo 5 or above! You gotta move up a level!:D

MX-5?

Toyota Celica the 190 odel must be quite good lotus are using it in the Elise.

Toyota MR2

Alfa 147 v6

golf

S3 is awesome and hold its value. Cupra r again awesome but loose value fast so iam lead to think. Had a shot of a cupra TDi @ the weekend and would say that it is diesel ive driven yet. But the Intergra rocks and thats what i want at the moment but youll be hard pressed like me to find a minnter!!!!

Ph1

The Integra is really hard core.....no toys or anything...... you do get some seats and even a steering wheel though ;)

Quote: Originally posted by st33ly on 20 February 2004

S3 is awesome and hold its value. Cupra r again awesome but loose value fast so iam lead to think. Had a shot of a cupra TDi @ the weekend and would say that it is diesel ive driven yet. But the Intergra rocks and thats what i want at the moment but youll be hard pressed like me to find a minnter!!!!
You will be very pressed to find any cupra R under £15500

Hold there value very well!