ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car V5 Help

Right,

Im after some advice...

Im looking to part ex my 182 for a Trophy. I have found one from a dealer, who has agreed to take my 182 for a nice Trophy with 12k miles, HPI Clear, all documents and keys etc etc

EXCEPT... he does not have the V5...

He has told me that when he called the DVLA for a V5 they would only send it, if he registered the car in his name, which would add an extra owner onto the car history, which he did not want to do.

Because the car has no V5, I cant tax it until I get one.

What are my options and what do you think of this?

He seems genuine enough, and has advised that if I pay a deposit etc he will give me a receipt and can then order a new V5 in my name, and then I can collect it when it arrives etc.

He is speaking to the DVLA now to see what this would require and how long it will take

Just after opinions and other possible options

Thanks

www.renparts.co.uk
its a common thing especially with smaller dealers, as said just pay the deposit and wait till the v5 arrived (approx 4 weeks)

LY V6 with Recaros
It's pretty common, I used to work for a small dealer. Just wait for the V5 to arrive in your name. V5's quite often arrive alot sooner than the 4 weeks they state anyway.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Have usally seen V5's come in just over a week, usally private sales. dont deal with dealers, to much commision reflects the price