ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW CAR!!!!(what a way to start my ownership)

Hurt my hands putting them green hoses on... LoL.

Reason why i didnt put 16v arches on was

a. Personally think it looks odd with a skinny backend and a wide front
b. Didnt like the fact that the wheels sit so far inside the arch

I nearly bought some 9" wide 14" Steffan BCW's from Germany. Would have been intresting getting them to fit

1.8 8v RSi
dont blame me....and even if they were still on. i personally didnt like em anyway and woulda taken em off lol. and is it not possible to fit a 16v rear? spacers?(big ones lol) wouldn't mind having some turbines on it.....or if k-tech sold there lightweight alloys in a smaller size i'd be happy

1.8 8v RSi
nah...the calipers got painted black for some reason....but i got some red caliper paint to repaint em...it could do with a new bonnet. doors need repainting as the paints gone funny....the superglued arieal been swapped with one that works...dont know who did that...

1.8 8v RSi
the pictures as it stands now

pict0010editkb5.jpg

pict0006sq0.jpg

pict0007ht6.jpg

pict0014editzf6.jpg

pict0015editen2.jpg

gash rears :(

Arieal was fine when i had it, only problem was it was about 4ft long LoL

paint was done by me!!!!

It was broken into, damaged the door so i delocked it. Needed a quick paint job, just never got time to sort it.

Got videos from santa pod too

1.8 8v RSi
i'm unsure bout the rear lights at the moment....look better at night though.

Aireal still is abotu 4ft long lol

Delocking is one of the best things about it as im very security concious. Hopefully when I get a replacement bonnet I'll get round to booking it in for a full respray.

I wanna see the santa pod videos!!!!!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
dave,

just the man..

i love the delock job that you did, was it araldite and a 2pence piece?? LOL

i had it fixed, the delocks were plated and the boot was smoothed, looked amazing, a few days later.. the paint starting going flat again. Took it to the body shop, they wouldnt do anything as they said there paint they used had reacted with the paint undernaeth which was on it allready! What the hell did you paint it with, nail varnish?? LOL...

looked mint at one point. :(

not too keen on the rears simon, standards, i would put standard Phase1's on it i were you, bit more retro/old skool..

the rims i wanted to put on were speedline 2118's... they would have looked the b****cks...

diesel power for me now.

Yeah 2p and araldite, worked a charm....

Painted the doors with grey primer, Renault metalic Black, with clear laquer. It had a few coats... I dont think the subzero conditions of winter helped tho.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
was it really that easy to delock it??? what u do just pop the lock out of the hole and stick the 2p in??? was fillin in a hole in my mates car today and primed it up, weve done a cracking job at it so may have a go at delocking myne if its easy enough.

visualize whirled pe
Fantastic condition that rear arch is mint!!! I'm really loving the Mk1 just recently, I'm even thinking of selling my Mk2 and moving 'up' to a Mk1 ;)

Just a quick question though, how much better does the 1.8 go compaired to your old 1.4? Are the 1.4's fairly good overall? I ask this because i've even thought about beating my tax down by getting a small engined clio.

1.8 8v RSi
Fantastic condition that rear arch is mint!!! I'm really loving the Mk1 just recently, I'm even thinking of selling my Mk2 and moving 'up' to a Mk1 ;)

Just a quick question though, how much better does the 1.8 go compaired to your old 1.4? Are the 1.4's fairly good overall? I ask this because i've even thought about beating my tax down by getting a small engined clio.

well ive been on 1.4s for the last 4 years now....all pretty much the same although out of a R5, mk2 astra mk 1, 106 and clio...the clio is the quicker followed by the astra then the R5 then the 106.....so yeah the clio is fairly good over all....

but

when i took this RSi out for a test drive 10 mins before i bought it....i put my foot right to the ground in 2nd gear and I just grinned from ear to ear....trust me the extra tax is well worth it for the power it is....especially if u've never driven anythin as powerfull before...as for power....ive seen a speedo vid of the car before i bought it and its roughly 8 seconds to 60....not qutie sure how accurate that is though as the speedos 5-6 mph out....does 140 according to the speedo but im guessing it gets more inacurate as i get faster so about 125mph....this actually was tested on a old runway round my area

Last edited:
Valver didnt loose, just only won by a little bit...

I had 125 on the clocks following 2 3series bmw's on the m62 once. Probs loads out LoL.

I havent got any videos uploaded, quickest was 16.03. Well wanted sub 16secs but just couldnt do it

1.8 8v RSi
well...my friend drove at 35 and my speedo said 31.....i've gone past one of those speed sign things and i know its 5mph out from my old car. that said i was doing 30 when my speedo said i was doing 40....when i did max speed it went 2 140mph on the rev limiter in 5th gear...so thats probably out by a lot as it gets faster...sam said he got 125 on gps when the speedo said 130mph...i gonna book it in to get it re calibrated