ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Just traded my Clio 200 for a Megane 275 cup-s, sad but excited at the same time!
Interested to hear from anyone who's done the same, cheers!
Goodbye Clio
Hello Megane

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Went to see one at Evans Halshaw for a laugh!
Had no spare wheel ( space saver ) and the door card was hanging off the passenger door!
Professional!!!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
What no pics??. That' a fail. Bet you can't stop grinning.

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Pick it up on Wednesday, promise to upload some pics!
I'm grinning but genuinely sad to see the Clio go, it became part of me!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Funking love these cars just now. Even the standard 250 is a really good drive. Bar the fact it sounds like a washing machine.

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Funking love these cars just now. Even the standard 250 is a really good drive. Bar the fact it sounds like a washing machine.
Will really miss the N/A sound, my lass probably won't!

Suzuki Jimny
I went clio 200 to megane 250. It felt like a real upgrade.

Try folding the rear seats down, amplifies the exhaust a fair bit!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
I went clio 200 to megane 250. It felt like a real upgrade.

Try folding the rear seats down, amplifies the exhaust a fair bit!
I already do that in the Clio! I'm nearing 40 now so maybe time for less cabin intrusion!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Collected it today! Weather has been very poor and have been working so only done a few miles. Initial thoughts are, WOW! Yes it obviously has got more grunt than the 200 but it's the steering feel that stands out so far. Weather looks dry tomorrow so going to head up to Northumberland for a proper drive! Will take some pics.
Keep thinking about my old 200, she didn't miss a beat and I will always miss her!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Here's a few shots from today plus a farewell one of the 200 (), appreciate they're not best! I'm head over heels! Loving the LSD, very effective. Longing for the some warm summer days. Going to France in July, very tempted to take this instead of her boring A3 1.6TDI!
IMG_20180106_155049.jpg
IMG_20180106_155024.jpg
IMG_20180106_154953.jpg

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
The car came with new Michelin PS4's on the front and the original PS2's on the rear ( still with 6mm ). Have swapped them round as I'd rather wear the old ones out and then replace with PS4's. The PS2's are clearly a very good tyre but the PS4's give far better traction when accelerating hard, very noticeable. I think they look much better too, not that it really matters! Hurry up spring time, I need some warmer tarmac!!!
Allso fuel consumption is better now after £100 worth of v-power! :up::up:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Like it, looks well. Didn't like the facelift when it first came out, but it's grown on me lately. Love that colour too.

What spec is it? If it's got the standard exhaust, get the centre silencer removed, it unleashes the pops and bangs and gives a slightly more aggressive exhaust note. Best £50 I've ever spent on a car!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Like it, looks well. Didn't like the facelift when it first came out, but it's grown on me lately. Love that colour too.

What spec is it? If it's got the standard exhaust, get the centre silencer removed, it unleashes the pops and bangs and gives a slightly more aggressive exhaust note. Best £50 I've ever spent on a car!
Pretty basic spec, no Recaros or Akrapovic. Has got the Sat Nav and climate control though. I had a budget and I'm more than happy with it. Most importantly it's got the cup chassis, LSD and good tyres. I'm not massively into loud exhausts and the standard seats are really comfy and supportive ( I'm 6ft 3 ). May consider a few mods once it's out of warranty! Have put a K and N panel filter in though, might help a little with MPG!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah climate was s must for me, along with Cup chassis. It does look great.

The mid box chop isn't really loud at all to be honest. Still sounds very OEM, but just a few more pops and bangs and less like a vacuum cleaner lol. I'd recommend going in one if you can. As I say, best £50 I've ever spent on a car. Gives it some character but is still subtle.

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Yeah climate was s must for me, along with Cup chassis. It does look great.

The mid box chop isn't really loud at all to be honest. Still sounds very OEM, but just a few more pops and bangs and less like a vacuum cleaner lol. I'd recommend going in one if you can. As I say, best £50 I've ever spent on a car. Gives it some character but is still subtle.
What colour is yours? Will definitely consider I mid box chop, the pops seem pretty random as it is!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
What colour is yours? Will definitely consider I mid box chop, the pops seem pretty random as it is!

Mine is a pre-facelift 265 in Capsicum Red:

IMG_20170325_165743.jpg

IMG_20170325_164545.jpg

IMG_20170325_165802.jpg

I spent quite a long time finding one with plenty of options, so I have 19s, Cup chassis, leather Recaro, R.S. Monitor, black roof, Xenon's, even the R.S. gear knob lol.

Currently standard apart from the mid box chop, GT Performance silicone intake hoses, home made induction kit and recirc. delete. Aftermarket 18s, H&R springs, intercooler and remap are all on the list though.

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
That
Mine is a pre-facelift 265 in Capsicum Red:

View attachment 1352827

View attachment 1352828

View attachment 1352829

I spent quite a long time finding one with plenty of options, so I have 19s, Cup chassis, leather Recaro, R.S. Monitor, black roof, Xenon's, even the R.S. gear knob lol.

Currently standard apart from the mid box chop, GT Performance silicone intake hoses, home made induction kit and recirc. delete. Aftermarket 18s, H&R springs, intercooler and remap are all on the list though.
That is bloody lovely mate, I like the pre-facelift as much as the mine. The red and black contrast works beautifully. It's my Birthday on Friday so going to order myself an R.S gear knob, bet it feels much better! :wink:
Mine is my only car and my daily so went for newer with low mileage and warranty. Was also thinking of the Clio 220 Trophy but the Megane feels much better to drive and I wanted to keep my left leg busy! What's your reasoning for wanting 18's instead of 19's?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That

That is bloody lovely mate, I like the pre-facelift as much as the mine. The red and black contrast works beautifully. It's my Birthday on Friday so going to order myself an R.S gear knob, bet it feels much better! :wink:
Mine is my only car and my daily so went for newer with low mileage and warranty. Was also thinking of the Clio 220 Trophy but the Megane feels much better to drive and I wanted to keep my left leg busy! What's your reasoning for wanting 18's instead of 19's?

Thanks mate. I do love the colour combination. Most pre-facelifts seem to be black, white or grey, so was nice to find one in a slightly different colour.

I know what you mean. I had a Golf R before this which, in many ways, was a better daily, but this is so much more fun and engaging to drive. It's worth the slightly worse ride and reduced practicality.

18s is for a couple of reasons really. I'm not a huge fan of any of the factory wheel options, so a change is my preference. The roads round my way are awful, so a drop in rim size, with the slight increase in sidewall height, should help the ride a bit, especially when lowered. Other than that, I just think they look great with a slight drop and some racy wheels :smile:

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Thanks mate. I do love the colour combination. Most pre-facelifts seem to be black, white or grey, so was nice to find one in a slightly different colour.

I know what you mean. I had a Golf R before this which, in many ways, was a better daily, but this is so much more fun and engaging to drive. It's worth the slightly worse ride and reduced practicality.

18s is for a couple of reasons really. I'm not a huge fan of any of the factory wheel options, so a change is my preference. The roads round my way are awful, so a drop in rim size, with the slight increase in sidewall height, should help the ride a bit, especially when lowered. Other than that, I just think they look great with a slight drop and some racy wheels :smile:
I'm finding the ride on 18's to be absolutely fine, firm but not ridiculous. So desperate for some better weather so I can really feel the handling prowess of these machines! With you on the practically, no space behind me so it's essentially a 3 seater, big enough boot though. I reckon black OZ Ultraleggera's or Alleggerita's would look class on your car.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome car! I drove a Cup S with Ohlins and it was just epic, bit firm on bumpy roads, but it was so good! Enjoy