ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New CCTV setup

renault clio 182
all branded cameras, samsung stealth ir camera is the most popular, but were doing more and more panasonic ip cameras, so you view them from anywhere in the world.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
not bother about viewing anywhere in the world.

so do you have any clips online where i can view the quality?

renault clio 182
yeh but only for my personal cameras which obv i cant give you the password for, quality is all hi res, for facial recognition, no point in buying cheap stuff as it just gets thrown out in court.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yeh but only for my personal cameras which obv i cant give you the password for, quality is all hi res, for facial recognition, no point in buying cheap stuff as it just gets thrown out in court.

cant you save a clip and youtube it or something?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its all relative. I work for a electronic security company who fit intruder, access cctv and fire. People want the image you put up, but will never pay for it. They see these £200 systems in Maplins then wonder why they cant capture any decent images. Decent image capture costs ££ unfortunately

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
indeed you are correct, i would never buy cctv from maplin. one reason is most of the time the kit doesnt even list a spec!

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Proper loaded guy over here £150m+ had a bit of an incident with a few Scousers coming over for a spot of tiger kidnapping only to be caught and jailed etc. but had to call to his house last week and on his 20-30 meter driveway he had 15 cameras with what looked like 4 different models, arrived at the house to be greeted by another 10+ cameras again spread over a few different models. The best set up I have personally seen, at least he can sleep well tbf.

Oh and at the house were a RR Phantom, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Ferrari California, Maserati GranCabrio, Cooper Works Mini and some American people carrier adorned with 2 and 3 digit plates :)

renault clio 182
Its all relative. I work for a electronic security company who fit intruder, access cctv and fire. People want the image you put up, but will never pay for it. They see these £200 systems in Maplins then wonder why they cant capture any decent images. Decent image capture costs ££ unfortunately

Exactly! ive got 9 cameras on my house, im in spain at the mo and can see any1 who comes to the house on my laptop, it sends me an email with a 20 second clip, thats a proper camera setup, ive had to install these maplin systems off ebay, and my install was 3x cost of system lol, why bother? and it was cack, you couldnt tell whether it was batman or father xmas at your front door. Main cost is the DVR, but for a decent camera retail your looking close to £500, trade about £280.

DCi
we did our cctv system at work, replaced about half the cameras for 100k. no dvrs or cabling included in that price :D f**king took ages

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ive recently been setting up some CCTV systems for remote site security and time lapse projects.

Always use Axis kit, eg. Axis 215 PTZ, Axis M1114 720p, Axis P1247 1080p all POE so 1 cable to run.

Quality kit indeed.