ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 172 owner

Renault Clio 172
Hello all,

Bought my Clio 172 a couple of weeks back and have been lurking on here to find fixes for a few things. It's been very helpful so i've joined up.

Absolutely love the car, surprised at the mpg i can get out of her too, considering i have an 80 mile round trip to work, i want to conserve fuel but have fun at the weekends!

There are a few niggles, electrical stuff and lumpy idle and struggling to start first time sometimes so would like get those bits sorted asap.

I'll get some decent pics up at some point but here is a teaser shot :)

1johoo.gif

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Welcome!

You to hear/see you joined. ClioSport will be your new home, till you get those few problems sorted!

Renault Clio 172
Cheers Brian - not sure with what I've heard about renault electrics, i think they'll keep me coming back.

Yup Rob, really clean, 64000 miles and had belts done. I'm going to get a new set of spark plugs, and probably a good service soon. I have 3 months warranty and the dealer said to take her in to check out the problems i have so should be ok for the time being. Will need some new tyres soon too and have set my sights on some rainsport 2's.

RS 182 CUP
cant help im afraid then,(west mids) sorry mate.

ust make sure you stick good rubber on her

172 phase 1
hello and welcome, where abouts in kent?

i don't rate the rainsports, i was disappointed in them on my clio.

Renault Clio 172
Hi Tom, Folkestone, but work in Kings Hill/West Malling.

I'm open to suggestions for the tyres, any ideas? Toyos? Contis?

It's got continentals all round at the moment but getting low. Seems to still grip well though.

Renault Clio 172
Got the car for £2200 was up for £2295, but I got a bit of work done and a reduction of £95. I'm happy with that. Especially considering I went to view another one for £2495 which was a complete dog.

gdw

RS Clio 172
Welcome! I too have a PB 172, lovely when clean and polished, sadly its short lived...

Renault Clio 172
Indeed, especially with the mway dust mine picks up everyday. Still, quite easy to clean.

I have been putting premium unleaded in, i need to check the spark plugs. I have a feeling I won't find NGKs. I've given the TDC sensor a clean up and it seems to start better but still not first time every time. It starts easy enough with a bit of throttle every time.

Ordered a new external temp sensor as mine was giving no reading, and the internal climate control sensor needed replacing so am going to order one of those.

I had a C4 VTS HDi before this and that was a nightmare to find parts for and a nightmare to fix anything, so I am pleasantly surprised at the ease and cost of replacing parts on the Clio.

Last edited:
  clio 172 sport
awesome wee cars mate,dont think theres a day goes by when it doesnt bring a smile to my face :) good luck with her