ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 182 and wiring under dash has been hacked through.

Clio 182
Hi
Just got a 182 and new to any forum. Just noticed all the wiring under my dash (passenger side) has been hacked to pieces and tapped together (looking for a leak). I'm scared to death of what's happened there anyone have any ideas what to look for.

Clio 182
Welcome. A photo may help....
Thank you!
IMG-20200105-WA0006.jpg
Just a random one I took earlier I'll get a better one this was my first concern seeing something unplugged and electrical tape! On a plus I found the bung that was causing water to get in.

Clio 182
Looks ok to me. They just seem to have taped up where a gap in the original protection appeared.

Is everything on the car working?
The light on the rev counter (only) seems to decide to work when it feels like which is rarely seems like loose wiring? I'm just concerned something wasn't working bringing a dash light up (like airbags) and someone bodged it to get the light off. A lot of bits on the car needs sorting none of it's prior work done well. Already replaced eBay job injector, fixed boot sensor and bonnet sensor has been removed entirely.

Clio Sport
The light on the rev counter (only) seems to decide to work when it feels like which is rarely seems like loose wiring? I'm just concerned something wasn't working bringing a dash light up (like airbags) and someone bodged it to get the light off. A lot of bits on the car needs sorting none of it's prior work done well. Already replaced eBay job injector, fixed boot sensor and bonnet sensor has been removed entirely.
Some 182s didn't have bonnet senors,something to do with the alarms not being fitted at the Renault factory..there's actually 2 senors sold for a 182,I bought the wrong one from Renault parts direct,they failed to mention there's 2 types..

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Some 182s didn't have bonnet senors,something to do with some alarms not being fitted at the Renault factory..there's actually 2 senors sold for a 182,I bought the wrong one from Renault parts direct,they failed to mention there's 2 types..
Ahhh thank you! Yeah my old one had one and this has the hole for it I assumed it was removed. It doesn't bother me it's not there just made me wonder why it was missing.

Clio 182
Anyone have the details

My 182 alarm keeps randomly going off in the middle of the night 1-4 am and neighbours are going mad.

Anyone know how to lock the lock without the alarm??

Or disconnect / pull a fuse to cut the siren etc???

Anything!!??

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone have the details

My 182 alarm keeps randomly going off in the middle of the night 1-4 am and neighbours are going mad.

Anyone know how to lock the lock without the alarm??

Or disconnect / pull a fuse to cut the siren etc???

Anything!!??
Must be a fairly common issue that. The ex-wife's 182 did the same - pretty much guaranteed between 2 and 3am most mornings.

It wasn't an old car back then either - maybe two years or so. Renault didn't actually fix the issue and car was sold old on not long after.