ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Cup

Does anyone know when I can expect to take delivery of my new Clio Sport Cup? Have been told that they come out in september but have no set date? Also does anyone have a full specification of the car as the renaultsport website is fubard

Ta.

Sangy

Clio Cup. Bye Bye GTI....

saw one at goodwood.

no more than flashy blue interior, no aircon, abs etc etc,

non HID lights, nicer speedline turini alloys, 3mm lower, 10mm wider track atthe front, 7mm at the rear or summat.

And 0-60 in 6.7 or there abouts.

saw one at goodwood.

no more than flashy blue interior, no aircon, abs etc etc,

non HID lights, nicer speedline turini alloys, 3mm lower, 10mm wider track atthe front, 7mm at the rear or summat.

And 0-60 in 6.7 or there abouts.

cheers for that Ben.

dont suppose anyone knows where i can obtain the fact sheet for the clio cup? I did get one from the sales guy at renault but had to give it back as was apparently confidential material? Another chap i spoke to said he got it off the net?

Sangy

Clio Cup. Bye Bye GTI....

Williams 2, STi N12

Not bad car..took one for a spin on Monday, just keep waiting patiently for the brochure you will get one eventually. Have to say that I prefer the 172 though..sorry.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I was told by my dealer on saturday that they would have one in on the 14th August. At the same time they told me they wouldnt take my as part ex for one!!!! :-(

Astra 1.9cdti XP

"Have to say that I prefer the 172 though..sorry."

The clio cup is a 172!!!! with different alloys and new colour.

a pant wettingly quick 172 at that!

How could you take one for a test drive when they are not coming out til september? My garage told me that there werent any demos to test with?

Sangy

Clio Cup. Bye Bye GTI...

Im picking my Cup up on the 27th September. Why?? Thats the date that I accrue 1 years insurance off our Ford Ka and then get 50% protected NCBs to put on the Cup so the insurance will not be stupid.

It actually arrives at the dealer on the 10th September.

Clio 197

Stopped into my local dealer and what they are offering here is the "Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V Jean Ragnotti" Looks like it must be along the same lines as the "Cup" Wheel look nice and the pedals are aluminium. Power quoted 124kw for Luxembourg and 120kw for Belguim...

Williams 2, STi N12

I know its a 172, but without the added weight. To be honest I dont think it was that much quicker, I would stick with a normal one and just do some simple mods to match the cup. Got one from Renault to play about with at work for a few weeks..you lot will have to wait a while.

If you want to learn more about that clio go to www.renaultmotorsport.co.uk
The production will be restricted to few items, it has upgraded suspension and brakes, no accesories at all. Its price is about 3000 euros less than the normal 172.
Comment: I preffer mine with all the accesories.... ;-)

mine arrives on 7th september but dont know if thats the earliest. when i was enquiring, every dealer told me a different story about delivery times and spec etc. theyre all full of bulloni!