ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Mk3 !!!!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Isnt the current Clio the mk3?

The front looks quite aggresive but that slopping windscreen and high roof makes it look like a MPV, maybe its the new scenic or summit

Silver Fabia vRS

I swear Im going to ban people from going on about this topic! Jeremy (who works for Renault UK in Rickmansworth) has already confirmed that that is the new city size car based on the Micra...not the new Clio. The new Clio isnt out until 2005 at the earliest. The city car is out next year.

U banning ppl talking about Clios?? what sorta moderator are you. I found these pictures and was just sharing these to
Clio members. These can be CG concept drawings, dont be so judgemental about it just becos u have a friend who works in Renault UK.

I know u drive a BMW. but dont be a snob as most BMW drivers are.....

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio172 on 08 April 2003

I swear Im going to ban people from going on about this topic! Jeremy (who works for Renault UK in Rickmansworth) has already confirmed that that is the new city size car based on the Micra...not the new Clio. The new Clio isnt out until 2005 at the earliest. The city car is out next year.

RS Clio 182

The top picture is from a french magazine equivalent to auto express and is this months mag so must be pretty reliable!

I presume it will just stay as a 3 door then..i dont see the point of it though, is it to rival Smart or something? Im not sure at what segment it would be aimed at

320d M Sport

oh dear, theres more chance of IRaq winning this war than that being the new Clio! I reckon Geoff is right

Current clio mk2 phase 3.

Only difference between phase 2 and phase 3 is Clear side repeaters and a few extra gadgets (i.e. Lights that turn themselves on and wipers.)

Silver Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by BaBOo on 08 April 2003

U banning ppl talking about Clios?? what sorta moderator are you. I found these pictures and was just sharing these to
Clio members. These can be CG concept drawings, dont be so judgemental about it just becos u have a friend who works in Renault UK.

I know u drive a BMW. but dont be a snob as most BMW drivers are.....
Well you obvioulsy dont know me that well Baboo. I was joking about the banning thing so chill winston. So many people have been talking about this in the last week its getting boring. Jeremy is a well respected person on here and isnt just a friend of mine but he is even a member of the club.

I know I drive a BMW (I used to have a 172) but I chose to change it and Im not a snob as the people who have ever met me will tell you.

Looks a lot like the Megane, I like it its really nice!!! If it is coming out soon then I think I maybe should have waited!!! But seriously tho at least it dont look like the bloody new Micra!

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

I do actually like it, not as much as the current model thou !

Jeremy, is a sound guy, always helpful and he wasnt aware of any pictures available of the Clio due out in 2005, I did ask him :eek:

S2000

....would 172 owners serioulsy buy another Renault, Im beginning to get really pissed of with mine, even to the point where Im doubting the purchase of the V6!

Just too many squeeks rattles and creaks and the backbox is fecked in under a year, the list goes on.

Question for you Dash, does the V6 have better build quality compared to your 172, ie interior?

TBH I know that you have been sying that a new Clio isnt going to be out until 2005 but the current Clio, as nice as it is , is a bit dated space wise and refinement wise compared to some other super minis out there. I know it was revamped a couple of years ago but the car is still basically the one that came out in 98 so I really cant see Renault waiting until 2005 to release a new car, from what ive read in several magazines and stuff the new Clio will be revealed at the end of this year with it being released early 04, and the guy who works for Renault is GONNA play it down cause he wants us to continue buying the currrent Clio!

mine dont squeak or rattle lol

although some whiney noise has appeared dunno what that is

my zorst fell off. rusted away so bought magnex

GR7

Shiny red R32

I really like the look of the sloping grille in the top picture of the blue Clio, but the details dont really show up as well in that hideous coloured car pictured a bit further down. Not sure about that rear end!

Mine has never had any squeaks or rattles but I still havent reached 3,500 miles yet. Maybe mine is a late developer! In fact it is still in its virginal condition as it doesnt have any dings or marks on it anywhere. TOUCH WOOD!!

Cheers mate :)

A smiley face solves everything~

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio172 on 08 April 2003

Well you obvioulsy dont know me that well Baboo. I was joking about the banning thing so chill winston. So many people have been talking about this in the last week its getting boring. Jeremy is a well respected person on here and isnt just a friend of mine but he is even a member of the club.

I know I drive a BMW (I used to have a 172) but I chose to change it and Im not a snob as the people who have ever met me will tell you.

Quote: Originally posted by teady172 on 08 April 2003

....would 172 owners serioulsy buy another Renault, Im beginning to get really pissed of with mine, even to the point where Im doubting the purchase of the V6!

Just too many squeeks rattles and creaks and the backbox is fecked in under a year, the list goes on.

Question for you Dash, does the V6 have better build quality compared to your 172, ie interior?

I read evo often, one bloke had V6 and commented that it had much better build quality, as youd expect from a car aiming at the higher end of the performance market

-Rob

2005 - bollochs - so whats that then jeremy - looks very much like a new clio or replacement for it to me...........dont think a 2.0 T woukld sell very well fot a "city car" now do you.......... this shape clio aint gonna last the guts of another 2 years - send us some proof and then we might give up on the subject but im ordering mine soon..........;)

ps the 172 cup is the last incarnation of the famous r-sport clio too.........so hardly think thats gonna stay fresh for another two years, and another face lift will not satisfy the market either!

I agree with you their cupsize, the current Clio aint gonna last another 2 years as nice as it is it just isnt quite as good as its rivals on some points.

To billabong and cupsize:

Before you go sl*gging people off (in this case Jeremy Townsend) it may be in your interests to find out who someone is and what their background is.

Having met Jeremy several times I would back him EVERY time over some alleged pictures you saw on some internet site.

Its very easy to say prove it, but how can he do that ?? The fact is that the design for the new Clio has not even been finalised yet, so it certainly isnt going to be available on the internet....