ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Model for 2005

Got my Auto express today and theyve got pictures up close and personal of the new Clio being introduced next year.

Looks interesting and theres alot in the editorial about improved build quality.......

........Does this mean no more rattles, squeaks, clunks...........lol!

R

rich[182]

yeh just seen it, strange it also says the RS model will prob use existing 2.0 engine, id previously read it would be arround 200bhp so wonder what there gonna do to get 200 ?

Ziel Nurburgring

Yup its going to be the 2L NA again, but pushed up too around 200bhp people in the know have said. So expect the RS Clio202 sometime in the spring 2006, complete with rattles

ClioSport 182

Anyone got a link to a good photo of one so that I can make sure that it really does look horrible and convince myself that there was no point waiting for it!!

KnightAzul

300bhp MR2 Turbo

If they build it better they will charge more for it!

One or the other really, you wont have a reasonably priced car built like a Honda or VW!

Clio 197

I work in Sales.... but in my industry (healthcare), honesty is the best policy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to rattling renaults:

I spoke to a Renault Technical Expert who said that while new models look different, production and fixing methods havnt changed for years, therefore expect the same!

[Edited by omar on 23 December 2004 at 3:21pm]

With the new clio built on the platform of a nissan micra, the build quality has been improved somewhat, expect prices to remain similar though boys and girls. The same spec levels can be expected as well. I think the new clio may even be built out of a nissan factory, therefore that comment about fixing methods etc is now rendered empty. :eek:

[Edited by lifelong 172 on 23 December 2004 at 3:25pm]

p.s, guess what I do for a living!!!!!!!!

Clio 197

OMG! Well the 225 has a nissan box, and sadly its awful...

I do hope renault keep it renault when it comes to engine/box......

BUT..... many people want 6 forward cogs in the RS Clio, and Im worried theyll use the same nissan box in the 225...

Anyone know more about it?

PS Lifelong 172.... Do you work in Sales too? Car industry?

Ziel Nurburgring

RS ones come from a different factory anyway and will probably stay there (Dieppe, i believe).

Micras and built by the mackems arent they?

Ziel Nurburgring

I would love a 6th, just to drop the revs at 80-90mph on the Mway and keep the rest of the gearing the same

Yeah, work for platinum Renault in chippenham, Sales Exec. I agree with the keep Renault box/engine same. Not that my opinion counts for much lol!

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by subliminaljay on 23 December 2004

Just bought Auto Express, and turned to the new clio page and threw up all over it! OMG! :sick:
Should have bought their laminated edition!

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 23 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by subliminaljay on 23 December 2004

Just bought Auto Express, and turned to the new clio page and threw up all over it! OMG! :sick:
Should have bought their laminated edition!

I should have just looked at it in the shop and put it back on the shelf! ha ha

Black 182 + Recaros

I thought it was Peugot. Doesnt look as bad as some of the earlier pics. I think its got potential. Doesnt look like the Megane either, which is good.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

HHHHMMMMM .... anyone noticed the number plate as 192 at the end ? hmmm.

well with regards to the 200bhp figures

how many current owners of the 172/182 can honestly say they have achieved 200bhp???

it seems that the engine is at its n/a limit without making the car a complete git to drive

id guess it will remain around 180/185bhp

You could get more from the engine if they moved to direct injection as VAG have done. Not cheap but one of few remaining ways to extract more go with legal emmisions

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 23 December 2004

how many current owners of the 172/182 can honestly say they have achieved 200bhp???
it seems that the engine is at its n/a limit without making the car a complete git to drive
The engine can make well over 200hp N/A. 350 is about as far as youd want it realy and youll need almost a whole new engine bit for that.

The engine could make well over 200hp if Renault wanted.

It would be possible to make the engine have more power but there are other factors that renault have to consider.

ie. Economy, emmissions, driveability and reliability for instance.

But seeing as they are actually making it a whole new car with its new chassis (modus) and everything then will they spend more money on designing a new engine or will they push the limits of the old one?

[Edited by Chris106gti on 23 December 2004 at 10:54pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Chris106gti on 23 December 2004

But seeing as they are actually making it a whole new car with its new chassis (modus) and everything then will they spend more money on designing a new engine or will they push the limits of the old one?
Theyll try and save the money IMO and keep the stock engine its not a problem realy why change it them will have fixed the problems and churning them out cheap enough anyway.

A whole new car is a potential problem you want to try and elliminate problems and cost as much as possible.

Im going to keep my car till the new Clio comes out 2006 or whenever I think.