ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio owner couple of queries

2000 Clio 172
Hi Guys,

Picked up a 2000 ph1 Clio 172 yesterday and its my first one. Few queries I have -
* Steering is heavy although the PS fluid is full, its not unusable but compared to my astra it feels heavy, the left tyre is completley bald but I am sure this is to do with tracking.
* Tick over is lumpy when it starts up I have been told its normal but could someone confirm this?
* Should it have an engine cover?

Apologies for the 'what may seem' novice queries but its my first one. Its a very quick car and is in a whole different league to my astra SRI!

Cheers!

should have an engine cover but isn't necessary so i wouldnt worry about it... alot of people choose to take them off because they sometimes rattle

Fiesta ST-2
I've just moved from a fiesta ZS to a clio 182 and noticed the steering seems heavy but I'm used to it now.

Ph 1 172
i asked all the same questions when i got mine 9months go lol.
my ph-1 172 seems heavy compared to my g/f pug 206, my mums focus and my old mans 3seris they just have heavier steering than more modern cars remember its 9 years old now....

the tick over is always very lumpy on the ph-1 sports its to do with the emisions the car puts out if i remember rightly.

and the engine cover makes no difference at all i have one but dont have it on as it rattles and comes loose if you do really want one you can buy one on here im sure there is someone that has one for sale.

hope that helps any other questions feel free to ask