ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Project

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.2
After snapping the lower arm and bending the subframe, I decided it was time to get a new car. I had poured tons of money into my old Clio and got nowhere with it (mostly mechanical)

So one night last week after work, I bought a new Clio, for 200 notes, with a buggered Head. Having changed the engine in my old Clio roughly 3 months ago, I decided to drop my engine in the new shell over the course of the weekend.

Luckily, It's the same colour as my old one: MV632.

New Clio:

View attachment 67341

After getting down my brothers garage, we started stripping it down:

IMG_0726.jpg
IMG_0727.jpg

Turned out, the cam-belt had snapped and it had two bent valves. Nice.

So the new head went on, put everything back on, it works -Yay!

Other stuff I've done/in the works:
  • Put a set of foggys on there.
  • Ordered a set Lowering springs (can't find coilovers for a reasonable price anywhere)
  • Looking for a set of Borbets/ATS/Turbines/172 16"s. - If I can get a set for a reasonable price...

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.2
Today, I decided to sort out the tweeters because I couldn't hear any audio from them. Turned out there wasn't any lol. So I bought 2 Infinity 10.3t's.
10_3t.jpg

After stripping down the dash, I soon found out they wouldn't fit without a bit of modifying.

IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0777.jpg

So after trimming them down, they slotted right in.

Tomorrows jobs:

Make a stealth shelf to put in my 6x9's.
Wire up amp to power 6x9's/ Infinity rear speakers.

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.2
Bit of an update:

Finally got it lowered on 40mm springs, but I wasn't liking the lowered on steelys look so I have put some 17"s on there for the time being. They're only temporary until I get paid at the end of the month, then i'll start looking for some 'euro' or 172 cup wheels.

I've also put a standard splitter on there to make it look a bit better.

& Finally found some dual optics, pics to follow shortly!

Dan.

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.2
Mk2 PH1 Non Sport Project

driving home yesterday in the rain the wiper blade linkage failed? It's the second time it's done this, is this a common fault?

Dan.