ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio V6

RS 172
Dont think so, the worlds gone too eco-friendly now :D. Vee's are probs seen as baby killers in the eyes of politicians. :p

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Not as yet. Renault said (according to Top Gear) that the new sporty Clio (the 197 it turned out) would be 'fast enough' :)

Dan

VX220 Turbo
i doubt they'll do a v6 too much cost in development etc.
a clio 2.0 turbo is more likely and if they did make one i'd sell the trophy and buy it.
there really isnt enough of a power difference (none infact) to make me sell my mk 2 for a mk 3

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
a clio 2.0 turbo is more likely and if they did make one i'd sell the trophy and buy it.
there really isnt enough of a power difference (none infact) to make me sell my mk 2 for a mk 3

It was you following me into FCS from the Travelodge this year hehe :) I didn't give it any major welly cos it was starting to rain and if I'm honest, we had NO idea where we were going :D

Dan

clio 172
yeh clio turbo sounds very tempting!
Lots of turbo cars coming out at the minute, so renault need to keep up with this.
These would definately be around the 225-230bhp mark would they not?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
clio turbo wont happen, thatd take it up there with the meggy, wouldnt make marketing sense.

the v6 has been and gone, which is a gd really, keeps them exclusive.

www.renparts.co.uk
Meggy isn't going to be around forever. Newer meggy might be something different, perfect for slinging the old meggy lump into the clio.

M2 Competition

If you wanted power why did you buy a clio?

Didnt think clio's were about power.

Theres one due as such but not on the CLio platform or the Renault name but its the same type of thing ie a brand top spec car.

Clio v6
I'm hoping for an electric hybrid charged v8. It must be small and destintive in looks though. Not just and faster version of the big 197 shoppers car. :)

Mito Sportiva 135
I doubt there will be a new V6 either, don't think we will ever see another car like that actually. As others have said costs too much to develop and doesn't fit in their current marketing plan.

A Clio Turbo is possible though with the Meg engine, but again that would take sales away from the more expensive Meg so doubt they would want to do that.

Even though I like the new 197 especially the R27, still think the 182 FF and Trophy are better in terms of driver appeal.

BG 182
I remember seeing a picture a while ago of a concept car of the next v6.. Looked like a 197 with a wide arch kit on it.. Didnt look very nice compared to the others IMO..

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Renault stated they would not be making any more V6 Clios. The last one rolled off the production line Oct 05 there was a load of PR stuff about being the end of an era.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I remember seeing a picture a while ago of a concept car of the next v6.. Looked like a 197 with a wide arch kit on it.. Didnt look very nice compared to the others IMO..

I think that was just a mock up someone on PistonHeads came up with.

Dan