ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New ClioSport.

Clio Sport 182
Hi there guys,
This is my first post on cliosport.net purely because I've just joined and I'm looking for some advice. Over the next week or so I'm going to buy a Clio sport, I need some advice. Do I go for the 172 cup or a 182? My good friend use to have a 172 and he drove the 172 cup saying he really enjoyed it and that's what he would buy. He goes on about it being lighter and having better alloys. However, at the moment I feel like if I go ahead and buy a 172 cup I will live to regret not going for the 182. I like the idea of xenons, cruise control, mixed leather, air con and the twin exhaust. The way he looks at it is they're all just extra things to go wrong and especially the exhaust are expensive to repair. I've got round about £3'500 to spend on one, would appreciate any help and advice. Thanks guys. Rob.

I've just got a ph2 172 and have to say it's a lot of fun! Very low gearing (1st gear is basically useless :) ) but that makes it go like the clappers. Haven't tried any of the other versions but am very happy with a 172. You get mixed leather and air con on a 172 too btw, it's just the cups that don't have those features (air con is an option on the cups I think though).