ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clutch feels old again

MK1 Clio Versailles
I had a new clutch fitted on Thursday and left the garage and the biting point was low and it took a bit of time to get used to it since I'd been driving my car with a high bite point ever since I had it.

Anyway all was fine until yesterday when I went for a drive and noticed that the biting point seemed to be back to how it used to be prior to it completely breaking down in Devon.

Any ideas what causes this? Part of me is wondering if its in my head, but I'm sure it feels like it used to and not as 'new' as it was on Fri and Saturday.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Not sure mate, the clutch came from Car Spares, some bloke my Dad knows which was £45 and this garage did the fitting for £80. How can I check out the adjustment?

MK1 Clio Versailles
My Dad just had a drive and he said although the biting point seems higher it might be best to leave it for now and see if it goes completely before taking it back.

He says it may be because it has settled in a position it is used too, does anyone know if MK1 Clio's in general had highish biting points compared to vehicles now such as a new fiesta?

My Dad just had a drive and he said although the biting point seems higher it might be best to leave it for now and see if it goes completely before taking it back.

He says it may be because it has settled in a position it is used too, does anyone know if MK1 Clio's in general had highish biting points compared to vehicles now such as a new fiesta?

All Clio have high biting point.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Ok cheers, so I take it the fact it was quite low when it was first fitted was that it needed to settle in?

If so puts my mind at ease!