ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clutch fitted

slow 172 rep
Hi guy

rite well my car needed a new clutch, i got the part from euro parts. my dad and uncle fitted it when i was away. but now it dont seem right, the bite is so close i move my foot an inch if that and its at the bite. and the gear stick feels out of place its so far over to the right?

did they do something wrong?

Cheers for any suggestions.

Dean

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The clutch being low is fine, infact it's a pretty rare quality in a clio. If anything, disconnect the clutch cable at the selector on the GB, pump the cutch pedal (this resets the ratchet mech in the pedal) then re-attach.

The gearstick can be moved about by undoing the 13mm bolt and moving the linkage around. Simple trial and error to get that right, just make sure you're happy with neutral and can get all gears, including reverse.

slow 172 rep
cheers rob, il have a little play around with the gear linkage tomorrow when im off, i can get all the gears they just seem out of place its annoying me. :p

172 cup
another adjuster trick is foot to floor on clutch and slip it off so it bounces up, do that a few times. Has helped on previous renaults of mine