ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Coilovers for Track Only, advice please

I am looking at replacing the Bilstein dampers on H&R springs that are currently on my 172 Cup track car (These are for sale as soon as I find a replacement).

The reason I am wanting to change is that there is no damping adjustment on my current coilovers, and ideally want something with plenty of adjustment.

The car is never driven on the road, so track only.

What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice !!

OP - I have them on both my cars .. everyone who gets in either is surprised it's on coilovers as they're so damn comfy.

If you're anywhere near Essex, you're more than welcome to a passenger ride.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
AST would get my vote, stuff like b14 are a nice road/track compromise but it doesnt sound like a comrpomise you need to make if its just for track.

I think its on B12's at the moment, with H&R springs. The problem I have is the front is too hard - making it skip a lot. I bought the car as it is, and am wondering if maybe the springs have been swapped?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with the above AST's if it's just track use. I would like a set next.

The only problem is getting hold of Curtis, and long waiting times for the coilovers.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Coilovers is one place it is worth stretching your budget. Particularly if it is track only and they are going to get the crap kicked out of them by you doing a longer session than anyone in a road car would entertain.

172 Cup
Another vote for AST.. well worth the extra money!

Failing that, you could have a set of cheaper struts made up with the AST track spring rates, but you would need to have the dampers custom valved or they'll be useless.

How many people in this thread recommending AST have actually used them?

As for getting hold of Curtis - yes that can be a bit of a pain sometimes but check with Cooksport as Josh rebuilt mines for me. Sent them on a Tuesday and they were back with me on the Friday morning.