ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New compact camera... £3-400

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd never look past the Lumix range. I just think they punch way above their price range although i'm slightly out of touch with the range just now.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
^The RX100 exceeds most if not all of the Lumix compacts, once Brazo comes along he’ll be able to give you more of an insight because he had an RX100.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think at one point, Lumix was the go to camera for point and shoot but there has been a lot of advances and from what I've seen, Lumix haven't kept up.

As Niall says, wait for Brazo as he shoots Sony and he gets some superb images from them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If Brazo had one that's good enough for me tbh!

The sony rx100 is in a class if its own but and for me the killer was the slower zoom and lack of bokeh at the telephoto end. It can do some lovely close up wide angle bokeh though. iq wise it's excellent more dynamic range than a 5d mk3!!

I replaced it with a nex 5n and 3 sigma art primes and I'm happy but do miss the versatility of the little sony. That said has anyone seen the rx10? Same sensor as rx100mk2 and a 24-200 f2.8 zoom!! Eye watering price though:(

6/468 17poo
In terms of compact this does seem one of the better models, which version did you have Brazo, mkii or mki? as there is quite a big price difference between the two!

I had the mk1, mk2 has better sensor, nearly a stop better low light performance iirc. It has a tilting screen and a hot shoe. With the extra imo, check digital rev and I know the wex bargain basement has some open box deals on the mk2 at the moment.

6/468 17poo
Digital Rev, has anyone ordered from here? Is it safe? Read alot of reviews and seems legit.......any comments?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve had a lot of gear from Digital Rev, absolutely fantastic service. I’d recommend them to anybody tbh.

To accompany my 7D on a trip to Vietnam we bought a Olympus XZ-2 as a good all-rounder with fast lens and reasonable zoom.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and sharpness of pictures, well worth taking a look at too.

6/468 17poo
Gonna go for the RX100 Mark II by Sony as its small enough, its a bit out my budget but think its worth the upgrade instead of getting the older RX100...