ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New DA

What is the least offensive to ones hands and arms?

I’m still rocking the Porter cable 7424 from 17 years ago... still going strong. However, I wondered if there was a new machine that’s less of a pain to use?

Thoughts on a postcard team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rupes is the go to for someone with your money.
Bloody brilliant machine with some Meguires (sp) microfiber pads.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Pretty much that depending on budget.
Or the flex.

There’s others out there but if I could justify 300 ish I’d buy one 100%. Hold their value second hand too.

I have a cheap autobrite 12/15 throw iirc which is decent. Pretty much to a degree all the same I reckon. Decent marketing sets them apart.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Least offensive for hands and ears, definitely get a Rupes, they're a different league compared to my vertool/das6 equivalent polishers.

Budget option? Have a look at a vertool das21e, 5 and 6 inch backing plate on a 21mm throw machine. Would be a good combo with the Porter cable if that takes a smaller backing plate with small pads for tighter areas?

The Vertool feels like a cement mixer compared to a Rupes machine though.

Reactions: JD
Missed it sadly but have ordered a das pro plus. Same 15mm throw and deemed to be “far smoother than most machines”. Let’s see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MLB