ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New daily

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Picked this up on Wednesday. Petrol DSG.

Third mark 3 I’ve had and first petrol. I traded the last one as values are daft and it was valued for trade-in at almost £3k more than I paid for it 2 years ago. Bonkers.

Initial impressions are very good. There’s a lot which is identical to the last one with only the infotainment being a major upgrade. It’s quick enough for a daily, the gearbox is very good and the electronic diff is noticeable only by the lack of wheel spin when pushing on a bit.

Needs a bloody good detail which will be started once I have some dry weather. Like the last one I have no intention to modify although these can be mapped to produce proper power relatively painlessly…

312E518D-F686-4861-93D2-D26CB2C2F443.jpeg

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Definitely be looking at these when my Mazda finally dies. They seem to tick a lot of the family bus boxes. 👍

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nice. I like the 19”s but I know they’re usually hated. Can’t personally say I’ve ever wanted more power out of mine. They seem to be pretty bullet proof as well. Doesn’t seem to be any major issues reported as they age.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Always fancies one of these, they seem to hold their value pretty well though.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You sold the last one because the value went up, but didn't you end up paying for this one at the new value for them?

Looks nice either way. I think these are the best value for money, all-round car you can buy.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Much better interior than the preface and a proper vrs now with the right fuel :)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Nice! I can see myself going for an estate in the same platform in a couple of years 🙄

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Thanks chaps.

I”d made the decision to swap after looking at a Megane 300 Trophy when we changed my wife’s car a couple of weeks back (new Captur - she’s happy…) so yep the new one’s no doubt done up too but getting a bit more on the trade-in made my man maths work and get something a bit more than I’d planned.

Ride on the 19’a is fine too - honestly about the same as the smaller wheel. Another forum myth shattered lol.

I will miss 50+ mpg with the performance of the old one but this more than makes up for it.

I’ve done over 130k in 2 of these and they’re bulletproof. Do the sensible family stuff brilliantly too.

Last edited:

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Started on getting it up to my standard. Paintwork needs correcting and coating so waiting on a space in a mate’s workshop.

For now, wheels and calipers coated with Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels and rusty hubs painted silver. I managed to ding the NSF last week on the school run - first time I’ve done a wheel in years. I blame the wife for asking me to do the pickup. Man maths. New wheel found and ordered at a very sensible price and the damaged one will get refurbed and stored as a good spare. If I manage to t**t another then they’ll all be done in light anthracite without diamond cut sections.

Interior cleaned and protected with Gtechniq I1. Wasn’t that bad so an easy job.

Engine bay also cleaned and dressed. As much for “detail” as identifying any leaks easily.

Plain plates fitted as I hate screw on dealer plates. Pro Plates again winning.

Boot liner on the way and a sound deadening pad for the inside of the bonnet - apparently they only fitted them to the diesels as standard but it looks a bit pikey spec without. Rear bumper protector will be added when RGM have them back in stock. All boring daily stuff!

400CA028-7578-4CB4-B642-AF6700D02613.jpeg
C164EDD6-8CFD-4A99-B17E-FA71366C8AFC.jpeg
2EFD3E7F-70FA-4327-AB39-4CB87D6DDB12.jpeg
F9C82251-03EB-41A4-B3EA-48F5138AA672.jpeg
877C2956-E30E-41EB-BA20-169BECAEA826.jpeg