ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New door lock/barrell options

Track 172cup
I need a new door lock (i can't even get the key in mine) so just looking for the best option, the options i can think of the now are

A - Get a new door lock from Renault that matches my key (not sure how much this would be but i'm guessing at not cheap !)

B - Get a used door lock/ignition barrell/key from a scrappies and swap them over

I don't want to just get a new door lock and have 2 key (looks pikey :rasp:)

Any options/suggestions more than welcome

Track 172cup
i've got central locking mate, only got one door lock as it's a cup so i want/need to keep it and get it working

Track 172cup
yeh i'm going to phone up tomorrow (if their open) and find out how much they are going to rob me for it

could be cheaper going with option B as above but i don't know if it's that easy and i can swap it all over ?

ph1 black 172
yeh i'm going to phone up tomorrow (if their open) and find out how much they are going to rob me for it

could be cheaper going with option B as above but i don't know if it's that easy and i can swap it all over ?

option b you would have to have,

2xkeys(which is unlikely at a scrap yard/salavage)
door lock,
ignition barrel,
ecu,
recoded key for central locking.

i would guess over £300 for that option.

if you only got 1 key and wanted a second cut then it would be about another £140 on top.

Track 172cup
nice one cheers bud, i'll see tomorrow and if their closed i'll send a you a PM you able to get parts trade price by any chance :rasp:

Track 172cup
option b you would have to have,

2xkeys(which is unlikely at a scrap yard/salavage)
door lock,
ignition barrel,
ecu,
recoded key for central locking.

i would guess over £300 for that option.

cheers for the input mate, i've only got one key so don't need 2

surely it would be possible to just swap over the key blade into my fob which would cut out the need for /ecu and recoding ?

ph1 black 172
cheers for the input mate, i've only got one key so don't need 2

surely it would be possible to just swap over the key blade into my fob which would cut out the need for /ecu and recoding ?

no as the immbolisier is part of the barrel and key fob i believe (some1 correct me if im wrong) and that is coded to the ecu.

clio sport 172
reprogram can cost around 45 to 50 £
plus the blank key but it does come with the rigth blade and not need of changing nothing in the car

Track 172cup
cheers again gents you've both been a great help, i'll keep you updated with how i get on speaking to Renault tomorrow and see what i'm going to do from there

ph1 black 172
cheers again gents you've both been a great help, i'll keep you updated with how i get on speaking to Renault tomorrow and see what i'm going to do from there

if you have it, when you call them give them the key code so they shoud be able to order the new lock barrel that fits your key

have fun.