ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new ECU

I have resently got myself another credit card and what to spend some on a new ECU. I am thinking the R sport or the Group N chip, Although I have heard they are the same thing.

Does anyone have any other suggestions.

Cheers

I understand that the rsport does not increase the power (BHP) but alter the behavour of the engine to improve acceleration, does it increase the torque in anyway.

Cheers

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by cupdriver on 16 October 2003

I understand that the rsport does not increase the power (BHP) but alter the behavour of the engine to improve acceleration, does it increase the torque in anyway.
The R-Sport (aka Group N) ECU only gives a small (if any) increase in the peak power, but the power lower down the rev range is boosted, as is the torque!

Deffo a "must have" mod for a Cup...

I take it although the Group N is renault it still invalidates the Warrenty.

Not of course that that matters as I could just swap them back over if I need to

Quote: Originally posted by cupdriver on 17 October 2003

I take it although the Group N is renault it still invalidates the Warrenty.

Not of course that that matters as I could just swap them back over if I need to
as usual it depends on who you talk to...my ren dealer told me it would invaildate the warranty...but as you said it can be changed before service etc..

Just to add to this thread, would this sytem work ok with a cat back magnex and viper, or should i go for a different type of chip to work with the other mods