ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New engine in, now high and climbing revs on idle

Cro

Meg'd r27
As above, just got the new engine plumbed in (minus the coolant system, wanted to check it ran first) and it starts normal then is reving quite high around 2k and then it starts to climb and I shut it off at 4.5k before I s**t my pants.

Pretty sure there aren't any air leaks or anything, all the sensors are connected and wired up.

Any ideas what the craic might be? :(

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Air leak, have you checked each point on the inlet mani properly? And that its bolted down properly, check also the seal under it its a egg shaped ring,

Golf GT TDI
had the same problem with my 205 gti and i had missed a bolt on the inlet manifold and it was taking in to much air. so sounds like it could be something like that

Cro

Meg'd r27
Im almost certain there aren't any leaks but i'll keep looking. It got to 4k and then misfired there :S

Anyone know what would happen if engine oil got into the engine, smells funky and smoking a bit.....

It was courierd with the oil in and spilt everywhere, thinking some may have it got inside and I have no Idea what happens with that?????

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
if oil got into the cylinders then it would just keep running even with the ignition off then eventually self destructonce all oil had been used up, this is speaking from past experience :dapprove:, that was a diesel tho.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
if oil got into the cylinders then it would just keep running even with the ignition off then eventually self destructonce all oil had been used up, this is speaking from past experience :dapprove:, that was a diesel tho.

Surely, only diesels would do that wouldn't they?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Honestly danny I have checked and double checked for airleaks just nothing. There was smoke coming out of the lower inlets when I whipped the plenum off.

Spark plugs seem to be quite oily aswell after just being cleaned and put back in