ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Evo Project

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Didn't like it that much before, but tbh it's getting there. 10/10 for dedication.

Octavia VRS LE
i like this. think it will look good once finished, never been a fan of the alloys but its your choice and your car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
A slightly better looking proton now..

PMSL at the gally bashing! - A slight variation of those wheels are used on touring cars!! So can't be bad!

Polo BlueGT
I think the wheels will look spot on, their light and he's happy with them. Why do people feel they have to tell someone somethings s**t if they don't like them? It's his choice, it's his money and it's his car. :D

2.2 bar shed.
IMG_2279-1.jpg

Ew. Get a twin pass on that ASAP.

And the new wheels are the same wheel as the Corsa boys fit to their 1.2's.

They should be nowhere near an Evo. If you can buy them in Halfords then you know you shouldn't fit them.
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone is entitled to there opinions so I will share mine, I would not be seen dead in girls car like yours but I generally keep negative comments to myself. Also maybe you should tell the Touring car teams who use these alloys to buy something else, oh and the new Caterham owners also.

Pretty poor post. People are entitled to their own opinions. I'm sure some people see a wide arched, big winged, black wheeled, loud car like this as very chavvy...?

Personally not to my tastes, but as with all projects that take time, money and effort it's got my respect. It's great to read through the threads so keep up the good work!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
And the new wheels are the same wheel as the Corsa boys fit to their 1.2's.

They should be nowhere near an Evo. If you can buy them in Halfords then you know you shouldn't fit them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone is entitled to there opinions so I will share mine, I would not be seen dead in girls car like yours but I generally keep negative comments to myself. Also maybe you should tell the Touring car teams who use these alloys to buy something else, oh and the new Caterham owners also.[/QUOTE]

Loller! Someone got a little tetchy. Down boy.

I won't lower myself to the slagging match, the comment about the wheels was more frustration at your poor choice of wheels as others have mentioned. They are imo "cheap and cheerful" wheels that people think are cool and motorsport because they are light.

Going to all that effort and then putting "off the rack" wheels on your car imo is a bit of a shame. Keep up the good work though mate i'm sure it'll be epic as were your past Evo's.

As always it's just an opinion but thanks for your mature reply.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I wasnt sure how it was going to look but i must say it looks much better now. I like the Enkei's..

Is that the standard intercooler piping? I must be a mile long!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As per usual, Ant's on form with his Evo Crack Habit - looks awesome! :cool:

I'm normally a BIG advocate of black alloys. But those whities up front definitely look the part. Surely a man of your means could have two sets - one of each colour? ;)

D.

Turbos.
5 pages and is not sold yet, impressive.

LOL@ the Proton search term at the bottom of the page, Ali wins!

It's obviously fast and you've spent mega money on it, but it's so f**king ugly.

Don't see the attraction at all.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The car is a Marmite look and like one person has said some people who are not in tho know will think it's chavy but that's the same across all Jap cars I'm afraid which includes Evos, Scoobys, NSX, and Skylines. If people will look at me in there 911 Turbo and think Proton whilst I am running 550bhp, great because that's what I am after, eliminate of surprise :D

As for the wheel choice, it's not my first tbh but if you can find me a 17x9 rim, 14.4 stud pattern, 4 stud and has a 23mm offset please let me know. It took me 5 weeks to source these.

The car is a Marmite look and like one person has said some people who are not in tho know will think it's chavy but that's the same across all Jap cars I'm afraid which includes Evos, Scoobys, NSX, and Skylines. If people will look at me in there 911 Turbo and think Proton whilst I am running 550bhp, great because that's what I am after, eliminate of surprise :D

As for the wheel choice, it's not my first tbh but if you can find me a 17x9 rim, 14.4 stud pattern, 4 stud and has a 23mm offset please let me know. It took me 5 weeks to source these.

I know what it is and what it is capable of. But I still think it's chavvy. As you've said, personal preferences! And I don't feel NSX or Skylines are chavvy ;)

Now sell it and buy back the M5!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I know what it is and what it is capable of. But I still think it's chavvy. As you've said, personal preferences! And I don't feel NSX or Skylines are chavvy ;)

Now sell it and buy back the M5!

nsx not chavvy, skyline unfortunately is! well some of them are going that way, anything non gtr is mostly chavvy

as for the comment about team dynamics being used in touring cars... thats cos they are a sponsor and the teams have NO choice!! just like they dont have a tyre choice really either!!! so a pretty lame attempt to make them sound good lol.

Disastra Coupe
Meh, fook it... If you like the wheels then it doesn't matter. Personally i really like the look of 1.2's... One of the better looking multispoke wheels out there.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
nsx not chavvy, skyline unfortunately is! well some of them are going that way, anything non gtr is mostly chavvy

as for the comment about team dynamics being used in touring cars... thats cos they are a sponsor and the teams have NO choice!! just like they dont have a tyre choice really either!!! so a pretty lame attempt to make them sound good lol.

God I have missed your input :D

Next time I think I will ask the members on Cliosport to build my car for me as they seem to know best :clown:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
God I have missed your input :D

Next time I think I will ask the members on Cliosport to build my car for me as they seem to know best :clown:

was i telling you how to build it?? NO! you came out with "touring cars use team dynamics so they cant be bad" they use them because they have no choice, they are major sponsors of BTC as they are a brittish wheel company... teams HAVE to use them... they are used in no other area except maccy d's carparks lol.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
was i telling you how to build it?? NO! you came out with "touring cars use team dynamics so they cant be bad" they use them because they have no choice, they are major sponsors of BTC as they are a brittish wheel company... teams HAVE to use them... they are used in no other area except maccy d's carparks lol.

It was aimed at the other members posts not you :rasp: and there is nothing wrong with the alloys, further more, when you drive some other than a RX7 I will take you more seriously when you post rubbish on my thread :approve:

Picked the car up today and I am very very happy with the results. Pictures really do not do it justice.

Pics...
CIMG6114.jpg

CIMG6120.jpg

CIMG6126.jpg

CIMG6127.jpg

CIMG6128.jpg

CIMG6130.jpg

CIMG6129.jpg

CIMG6132.jpg

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Fair play this looks great. I think the alloys suit the car as well
as mentioned though I would loose the ralliart sticker in the back, but each to there own I guess :D

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yes the Ralliart stickers is crap, first job tomorrow is to remove it and will keep my fingers crossed that it does not take the window tint off at the same time.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Ant do you live near Lincoln by any chance? Thought I saw you the other day near damons... fantastic car albeit not my favorite of the evo's you have had

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
that front shot is immense you need to let me know when you want to sell this. colour is beat.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ant do you live near Lincoln by any chance? Thought I saw you the other day near damons... fantastic car albeit not my favorite of the evo's you have had

Not me fella. Only picked the car up yesterday and it would not of been on the road due to alloys.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Looks really good mate will look so much better when the ralliart is off it!