ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Evo Project

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys.

Ordered a new steering wheel and gear knob today as mine are a little worn. I want to start stripping the interior out ready for flocking but I don't want to take the car off the road for another 2 weeks after waiting 3 months to get it back.

KGrHqEOKoYE10FSzBKBNinlF62Ew_12.gif

ralliartshiftalu-500x500.gif

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Few little bits. New OMP Steering wheel fitted along with a Ralliart gear knob.

Started to fabricate a bracket to fit the boost controller under the head unit so it's nice and neat, than removing the horrible gauges on the dash, covering the holes ready for flocking :D

CIMG6168.gif

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Looks very well!

How would u price something like that when you come to sell? No doubt u willbe selling soon..

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks very well!

How would u price something like that when you come to sell? No doubt u willbe selling soon..

Don't need to think about it for at least 12 months as that's how long is left for my build to be completed.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Quick update.

Rebuilt shifter assembly now converted to a quick shift with machined metal bushes.

Hard to come by these so had to pay the extra for a one off build.

CIMG6184.jpg

Now just saving up the £££ ready to start stripping the interior ready for flocking, cage and new seats.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Few more bits done now. Short shifter fitted and works great, had to remove the turbo to replace some gaskets, bolts, lambda sensor, oil change & coolant change at the same time. After this was done I have tweaked the boost controller to peak @ 1.2bar and hold 1.1bar. Bit risky but not really bothered if the engine lets go. Really nice to drive now with plenty of poke for the minute to have some fun.

Number plate now in the correct place :clown:

CIMG6187.jpg

Some nice Recaro seats to replace the dated grey interior, have the rear bench also but not in picture. Going to remove the dash at the weekend ready for flocking.

Seats.

tfhbythdy.jpg

dzgdg.jpg

Battery reloction kit to be done when dash and interior is out. Also got some Defi gauges + pillar pod on the way once a price is agreed.

KGrHqMOKkME27iqSeZ6BN6K3-kYEg_12.jpg

Defi gauges now price has been sorted.

Out of one of my old cars, almost new.

IMG_0534.gif

clio 182
Well I have been thinking about buying an evo for a while now, was looking at VI TME's but this is just perfect! I want!

Good work

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
After a few ****ty hrs my MR interior is now fitted :) Well worth the effort, much nicer place to be now. Onwards with removing the dash for flocking!
Before pic

de295021.jpg

After

CIMG6238.jpg

CIMG6234.jpg

CIMG6236.jpg

CIMG6237.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well a few more bits being done today. Pulled the dash out along with the console + trims ready for flocking. Lots of wiring to sort out and to tidy up as you can see, one of the worst I have seen but I guess it's now 15+ years old so many people have been hacking away.

Pulled all this out in approx 1hrs 30mins.

Going to wire in the new gauges, relocate the battery to the boot whilst the dash is out. I reackon the above with the wiring to be sorted is a solid days work.

CIMG6263.jpg

CIMG6264.jpg

CIMG6265.jpg

CIMG6266.jpg

CIMG6267.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Love it! Coming along really well.

Looks like a dog has been chewing your handbrake lever though. ;)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers fellas.

Just refitted the Dash + New gauges courtesy of R-Spec :smthumbup

Pics do not do it justice :naughty:

CIMG6299.jpg

CIMG6300.jpg

CIMG6304.jpg

CIMG6305.jpg

CIMG6303.jpg

CIMG6306.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since I have updated this so here goes.

Battery relocated to the boot, modified boom harness fitted + Evo 7 ecu which is now mapped with Evo 9 injectors which gives me a very very very smooth car with the added bonus of pops & bangs + launch control

New seats to be fitted this weekend which will shave 20kgs off the current seat weight which will make up for the roll cage being fitted in the back half of this year.

Waiting on a call back from Nitron on producing a set of 3 way coilovers for my car, if no joy I will retro fit a new set of Ohlins.

Seats are Cobra Evloution Pro Kelvar seats with OMP bases & Sparco harness

Link for seats

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/seats-fixed-back/cobra-evolution-pro-kevlar-seat

CIMG6689.gif

CIMG6706.jpg

CIMG6708.jpg

CIMG6712.jpg