ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New exhaust fitted *pics and vid*

Hey guys, fitted my new exhaust today Janspeed full system and Ktec De-cat, quite a raspy sound but quite nice, and certainly improved performance espcially torque..

H&R's next week :D

Anyway...

Video of exhaust drive away

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OyQXMjQAnOw

And 2 crapy pics :)

07082008184.jpg

07082008183.jpg

A Flamin' Red one
And me. Not that's it's a bad system though mate :) You must be well chuffed!

On a personal note I'd always go for the deeper boomier sound over the raspier sound.

So would i, so you guys think its blowing ? I cant hear it from anywhere obivious when under the car all seem's fine.

Im annoyed now :(

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
lol yeah sounds a little hollow but when you give it the beans it sounds nice, seems to fit snugly!! nice

There was a slight rattly noise inside the centre silencer like something was a tiny bit loose, so that could be it possibly ? sounds ok though, better than standard anyway... think ill go have a new centre section made up next week..

Inferno 182
I have the janspeed with the sports cat and think it is a great system and the noise is just right.
You should feel happy that it is lighter than other systems too with only 1 back box.

Renaultsport Clio 197
sounds great.
Can't decide if i like raspy or boomy more :)

but I do like the sound of that!

going to get a new centre section made for it next week as i still think there is a noise from the centre that shouldnt be there..

It has a ITG and modded airbox so it does sound like an induction kit.

Booked in to have a smaller silencer fitted Monday :)

de-cat fitted fine, baffles are gone in the centre silencer though so not a happy chap, got to pay 70 quid for a new one .. may aswell of bought a new system

Cheers ill wack some better pics up over the weekend and a new vid on Monday when its had a new silencer..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its the de cat that make them sound raspy..... For some reason a lot of exhaust systems have faulty centre sections on the Clio. My original 172 cup had a rattle (common) then i replaced it with a Magnex, that then developed loose baffles in the centre section. Also the ktec stealth had numerous centre section failures..... Engine harmonics/vibration?

Its the de cat that make them sound raspy..... For some reason a lot of exhaust systems have faulty centre sections on the Clio. My original 172 cup had a rattle (common) then i replaced it with a Magnex, that then developed loose baffles in the centre section. Also the ktec stealth had numerous centre section failures..... Engine harmonics/vibration?

Yeah under the car it sounds very much like the centre section and when i actually recived it if you turned it up and down you could hear something running up and down inside it ..:(