ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Exhaust help/advice needed

Renault Sport Clio 182
Im doing my head, for those who know me sorry i sound like a broken record but, i just cant decide on what exhuast to get, mine is fairly rotton and needs a new system and mounts, and i want something new anyway, i just cant decide.

I did want a yozza system but im not sure if it will be too loud, so now im thinking of a Scorpian exhuast system, it sounds nice and deep and not too loud. What about millteks or other systems out there?

I have a 182, it cant be too loud coz i work silly hours and would wake everyone, and i dont want it too loud for m'way useage, im also keeping the cat, price limit £350ish for system.

Thanks.

renault clio 172 cup
Having same trouble as you, i need a centre section on my Cup and have heard K-tec are good/bad, Yozza are good but can be loud and BTB are really good if you want the stealth quiet option. Took my Cup to Ren-0-tec where i had my service and genuine renault centre section from them is £168 at Renault dealer it's £215. Mechanic recommended Yozza as a direct replacement on mine.
But am in 2 minds as to what to do.....:S

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Have you looked at the Piper systems? Good quality and a good fitting kit. Its produces a nice note, not too loud but not to quiet.

Nothing at the mo :(
why do people always think yozza has to loud?? i got a 182 yozza and its not loud.... well its loud but at 70mph you can hardly hear it... give it the beans and it roars!!

Nothing at the mo :(
yozza are awesome.. its not any louder then any other exhaust really.. but i must say coming back from the gf's mum's on saturday night with the cruise control on 70 i could barly hear it

renault clio 172 cup
I ordered a BTB stealth cat back system this afternoon for my Cup, £349 all in. Comes with an extra hanger to add stability, unlike the original system which seems to eat genuine renault exhausts at an alarming rate!

Civic Type S GT
Yozza ain't as loud as you think! I was 50/50 but got one, put my cat back on and it's great!

182 FF
MILLTEK baby, love mine n like you i do some motorway miles n its fine when cruising. For me it was just a decision on looks on the milltek over the yozza plus a bit of change

Renault Sport Clio 182
why do people always think yozza has to loud?? i got a 182 yozza and its not loud.... well its loud but at 70mph you can hardly hear it... give it the beans and it roars!!

thats spot on what i want, something that dosent give me headaches when on a motorway, but when i give it a bootfull it produces a soul stirring noise.

maybe im swaying back towards the yozza, im not fitting it myself due to lack of space, tools and ambition, will just get Rentech Portsmouth to do it, have people had many problems fitting wise of a yozza system? ive seen a couple of stories of how they dont sit/fit right?

WANTED Arctic 182
Milltek. Had mine 2 months now and love it. Just put a decat on and it's still not that loud. Awesome sound.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I've got an AAS exhaust single back box along with centre silencer and standard cat nice rumble not loud and a nice sounding after run. They can make it as loud or as quiet as you want, the welding impressed the lads at K-tec when it was up on the lift getting the suspension changed only problem is they are in Newcastle and its £500 fitted :(

Renault Sport Clio 182
I've got an AAS exhaust single back box along with centre silencer and standard cat nice rumble not loud and a nice sounding after run. They can make it as loud or as quiet as you want, the welding impressed the lads at K-tec when it was up on the lift getting the suspension changed only problem is they are in Newcastle and its £500 fitted :(

saw a video of a clio with an AAS system on yotube and it sounded amazing! i will keep an ear out too see what it sounds like if you ever drive past me on base.