ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Exhaust issues 172 2001

About a month ago my back box went, due to finance i needed to just replace it with a standard exhaust. Found a exhaust place and had it fitted for £120. It was slighly louder then the previous one so i took it back and they said give it a couple of weeks to settle down and soot up. Since then it has just stayed as loud if not got louder and i also get this weird sound at 3k revs.

Do i take it back and get them to replace it with another?
Do you think they have fitted the wrong exhaust? What other options do i have. I dont want no fancy exhaust that makes loads of noise id rather have no noise, i much prefer the engine sound u get from the clio sport.
How much is a standard one from renualt? Least id be sure they would fit the right exhaust and my car would longer sound like a nova!!

Cheers for any advice

What did you do in the end? Get it replaced somewhere else or did you find they hadnt fitted it properly?

Cheers for reply

Rob

Lots of Alfas
Have they fitted a standard Renault one? Or have you gone to somewhere like kwik fit or ATS??

hi

i went to a local garage, tyre and exhaust place. It doesnt look like the old one that was on but i they may have changed since the last one. They said when i wanted it done it would have to be ordered in wasnt one they had stock of? Dont know if that means they have to order them from renault or not.

cheers

If i was to get a non standard what would you recommend? I not into to much noise but a decent sound that compliments the engine sound is ok. Is it best to get a full exhaust system then just back box? How much am i looking?

Cheers for all the advice

Rob