ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New exhaust

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Am looking on POTN at buying a new exhaust for my 1.2 16v, which make of backbox would be better. Ashley or Peco? Both are similar price ranges and both look and seem good but I dont know too much about backboxs.

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
The peco backboxs arent universal there specific ones to my year and model, so with both backboxes not being universal ones, which would be better?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Peco have a rep of being a bit chavvy. I had an Ashley full system, gave good gains and had a nice sound, all be it a little boomy at cruising speeds.

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Yea I thought this but ashely are meant to be very loud exhausts which I dont want as I do a fair bit of driving on the motorway, thats why Im more tempted to get a peco, it is quite cheap so should be good for the money?

Evo 6, E92 320d
If you are only going for a backbox the ashley will be fine, the reason ashleys have a rep for being loud if becuase the full systems are straight through, or at least the middle pipe has no baffles in place, and i believe they are motorsport derived. If you want a full exhaust then spend a bit more and get a beter quality system.