ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New: F7P Turbo Project

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Ahh I see what you're doing now, but I've no idea if your other idea with the sensor will work or not :eek:

Clio Hybrid / S3
It will work with a T-piece at the front I believe Matteh has done it on his 172 for the valver guage to work (i think). Not sure if the pressure readings would be different as I think the oil pressure switch/light is on the return route...

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Ah right, maybe il just leave it were it is and put the T-piece on the back, shouldnt be a problem if i heat shrink the wires.

ValverInBits
Will look mint when i order my new manifold, turbo will ne built up as soon as i have a shaft, pics of core being built coming soon.

what manifold and turbo have you decided on?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Going to be using the F7P turbo manifold you can buy, unless i decide to make one up myself, im not sure yet, will decide in the next few weeks, could soon make one up..

as for turbo, will be starting with a T25 built by myself, will be set up to run 200bhp to start with, and when i have more money will go forged pistons and machine the compressor housing to take a bigger wheel to run more boost and other stuff.

Got a fuel rail sorted, come to 7 quid delivered to my door, was well chuffed, Ebay that was too :O, Pics..

Image010-1.gif

Image011.gif

Standard fuel pressure regulator removed..

Image012.gif

Image015.gif

Because i will be ditching the standard F.P.R and will be using an aftermarket one for turbo applications, i need to blank off the hole from were the standard one come from.

Last time i did this for my brothers rail (this was one of the parts he sold) we got my father to machine a shallow bung to be pressed into the hole. I wasen't to keen on this idea so decided to use a file to and make the end of the rail flat, and very quickly with some spare ali' i had lying around made a blanking plate to be welded on, this will be seamed up when my father goes back into work on the 4th..

Image019.gif

Image020.gif

On the valver's head, there are 2 pipes, one runs from the exhaust manifold side over to the inlet manifold side, this is for the break servo, there is another one that stays on the inlet manifold side and loops back on itself, worked out this was for the standard FPR that will no longer be in use, so used a grinder to wear the welds away, got it level with the rest of the pipe with some sand paper, coupld of coats of paint, and Bingo, its gone, much neater imo..

Before..

Image040-1.gif

After..

Image055-1.gif

Also, when i fitted my headunit in, i decided to run rear speaker wires, the speakers were never in place but decided to get some in there soon, i was given the prefect thickness cable for the job and plenty of it, so at the time, i soldered it to the connector block on the back of the head unit and run it to the back of the car to the door cards, well realised today your meant to have the same thickness throughout, so i stripped the standard wires out from the front, and soldered the same stuff to the connector block wires (for the fronts) and run them through the rubber S inbetween the car and the door, into the door card. To get them through the connector block that joins from the door to the card, i found the 2 guides on here, and decided to go for the one of drilling out 2 pin empty pin holes on both sides, and pass the wires through them, was very tricky when putting it back together as i have big hands, got there though, this way, you can see no wires. I didnt take any pics of this as i just wanted to get on with it.

Plans for tomorrow:

Clean up Idle control valve.
Clean up Coil
Block off this..

Image041.gif

This is connected to the rocker cover on a standard engine, i wont be needing this because if it was connected, when there is boost in the inlet manifold it would go into the head and ruin things, so im going to block that off with some weld, and then run a catchtank off the 2 outputs on the rocker cover.

Found out my dads mate is a sprayer, realised he was the guy that sprayed the trike we built, he did this for free as they are good mates and he has access to a bodyshop, so going to see if he will sort the dent in my bonnet and do some cc'ing for me, RS grille will soon be here too.

Update soon.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Whats wrong with the normal FPR.

Don't tell me your using a rising rate one?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
The valver inlet looks restrictive as fook, cant you get papa to make a better one?

Inlet is fine, BBT used this and cant remember what figure they had out of it but i know it was pretty high bhp, it will be fine.

Im not using the standard FPR because it cant flow enough fuel/create enough pressure for turbo charged applications.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Surely the FPR will be 3bar? Or is it 2bar?

What injectors are you using?

Megane RS ones? I think they are 465cc @ 3bar.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
R21 Turbo ones i think il be trying to get hold of, havent thought about this yet, plenty of choices though :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
If the OEM one is 3bar it will be fine.

But if you go for a remote reg i'd tap a nipple into that blanking plate you've made and run a dual feed rail. It'll stop starvation of the 4th injector at WOT.

Inlet is fine, BBT used this and cant remember what figure they had out of it but i know it was pretty high bhp, it will be fine.

Im not using the standard FPR because it cant flow enough fuel/create enough pressure for turbo charged applications.
Shorter inlet = more power no?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
LOL how would i do this if my FPR only has one feed which is likely? - just fit a T peice in the line and split off like that?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
LOL how would i do this if my FPR only has one feed which is likely? - just fit a T peice in the line and split off like that?

Yeah, T peice and a bit more hose! Simples. It'll save you cooking cylinder 4 too.

ValverInBits
Surely the FPR will be 3bar? Or is it 2bar?

What injectors are you using?

Megane RS ones? I think they are 465cc @ 3bar.

That seems a LOT! audi TT (20vT) are 380cc

Nout wrong with running 4bar fuel pressure if you want to, but a rising rate regulator is a joke as said.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
looks a good project definatly without a doubt keep the body work how it is a nice set of wheels a nice drop better suspension and brakes would be epic steelies would be cool. dont make it look like a 172 thats boring.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yes it will but you'll have an equal 3bar over the whole rail rather and it tailing off to cylinder 4.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Few updates, This time next month i got PH1 sports interior coming, Cup suspention, (sp?) and sport mats going in!, Should get my fuel rail back on monday night with that plate welded on, Will be making up a template of the exhaust manifold flange so i can get my dad to make one up in work for me.

Driving test is booked for 2 weeks monday! - Pretty confident, cant wait!

Got some new turbo bits in the post now and when they arrive means i can build the turbo core up, all im missing is a decient shaft!

When turbo is built and i get my stuff arrive, i will start to make the exhaust manifold, Starting to worry about space in my bay now, dont think there will be much of it, not sure if it will go in tbh, soon find out.

Excited to get my sports interior in!, more details closer to the time!

BG 182 FF
Just read all of this mate, very impressed. Great project!
Can i ask where you have learnt all this stuff at 17? You're making me feel thick lol
I find it funny you're doing all this but can't yet drive, good luck for the test in 2 weeks mate, sure you'll fly it.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Thanks mate. After growing up with it and being very involved (as a hobby) from a young age you soon pick it all up!

Thanks for comment on the test! - not long now, clocks ticking!

Small Update:

Here is a quick image of the plate i made welded onto the end of the fuel rail, still havent added another fuel feed at this end, Will do tomorrow maybe, still undecided.

Image056-1.gif

As of the 20th of feb, Il have this list of stuff arriving, and Danno172 will be coming over to help me crack on and fit it all!.

- Mint set of PH1 Cliosport seats
- Cliosport mats
- Clio Cup suspension (will have to slightly modify)
- Battery Box - were going to relocate my battery to the boot ready for the engine swap!

Batterybox.gif

Some serious updates starting to begin!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Mate I wish I'd came across this thread earlier you so should of stuck with the normal style fuel pressure regulator, even the VAG lads are just using a 4 bar reg and 630c injector to get over 500bhp.

I have the full ktec FPR including braided hoses and return tail for the tank just sitting there, as when I did my car I used a PH1 return fuel set up with a 3 bar regulator.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Update time:

Due to weather being stupidly cold in the nights reciently, decided to make my self a log burner for the garage, me and my mate went and collected' 2 gas bottles from a campsite down the road, the big ones, chopped them up, after lots of welding, nocking holes in the wall, and grinding, we ended up with this..

Image088.gif

Image090.gif

Image091.gif

Image092.gif

Image094.gif

Image095.gif

Image096.gif

Image097.gif

Image113.gif

Image114.gif

Demonstrating the Air feed adjuster i made..
shut down to keep it calm>

Image111.gif

Opened up, Roaring..

Image112.gif

Spent a good week working on this and now its done, i get the wood and logs for free, so feeding it isnt a problem, smoke isnt a problem as there is none apart from when you 1st light it.

Bottom half is an ash collector with a grill inbetween the 2 for it to fall through, there is also a baffle covering the hole for the chimney, with a 2 inch gap over the top of it, so all heat is directed to the 1/4 inch hot plate i welded on the top, and trust me, it gets hot. The other night, i had the sides and bottom of the pipe glowing orange and it was 2 degrees C outside, was 22 in the garage :cool:.

Update for the car:

Finially blocked off that nipple that comes out of the inlet manifold that is no longer needed, i was going to just weld it up as IIRC they are made from Mild Steel?

In the end after having some food, decided to tap it out to be 6mm and wack a bolt in there with alot of locktite, then ground it off level and tidy'd it up..

Image115.gif

Image116.gif

Image117.gif

Image118.gif

The fuel feed pipe for the cold start injector used to pop up between the manifold, well i changed that a little, i undone the banjo bolt on the injector and turned it so it faced to the left, i then had to change the angle of the pipe so it pointed towards the left so i could slide the fuel feed pipe on, couple of pics..

Image121.gif

Image122.gif

I also had to replace the studs that the fuel rail slides onto to be mounted to, because for some reason they were fucked, so just replaced them both, once again, 6mm thread.

I have danno172 coming over on Saturday, will be fitting the renault sport 172 PH1 seats to mine and relocating the battery to the boot.

I will also have funds coming in very soon, so project should move a bit, hoping to do the exhaust manifold next, gonna design a Log manifold.

Thanks for looking. :cool:

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
LOL cheers guys! Yeah burner is fantastic! i got an insurance quote yesterday, 1109.90 from Adrian Flux, will be taking that out shortly :)

When the money comes in, i will get my speakers, Rob!

hehehe.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
that log burner is genius, but you are a little bit of a wimp tho ;) im outside working in the freezing cold you dont see me complaining :rasp: haha,

When do you think you will have this finished then?