ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New gear is on its way!

Well its been a while since I have been taking pics so the time (and money) has come to get back in to photography.

I'm pretty sure this won't appeal to the CS masses but on it's way is...

Pentax K5IIs
Pentax 18-135 WR
Siggy 30mm f1.4

Can't bloody wait!!

I love the handling. It just feels great in the hand. I know that people will say nikon/canon have more lenses but there isn't really a lens you can't get. Plus some of the pancake ltd primes are fantastic.

Weather sealing was another key factor as will be used in wet conditions. That's why I got the 18-135wr. The Siggy is more a walkabout fun lens.

Chose the S version as it has had the AA filter removed and supposed to be noticeably sharper. Review here goes in to more detail:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/pentax-k-5-ii-dslr-review-20717

This has not been a rash or rushed decision, been waiting for months for money to come through and tried out so many options in park cameras!

I briefly looked in to the D7100 but sticking with this one!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Pentax DSLR’s are said to be brilliant. It sounds narrow minded and stupid but I’d prefer a Nikon/Canon myself but I’m sure it’s a great camera non the less. Enjoy it! :)

I can see why people stick with Canon/Nikon, and I did think long and hard about what was best for me and it just happened to be the Pentax. Was quite nervous pressing the order button as never spent this much before on a camera and its my first adventure away from entry level DSLR so there will be a lot to learn.

Be interesting to see how bad a shot will look at 51200iso!

I nearly bought the original k5, gotta be honest it interested me far more than the canikon offerings at the time.

The II is not that different. Improved focusing and no air gap in screen. Few other little bits but nothing major. The S takes things that little bit further without the AA filter.

It really is a lot of camera for the money.

Will see how different it looks in the real world.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Jealous of you getting a Sigma 30 f1.4!! Wouldn't mind some picture taken with it, supposed to be a beaut piece of glass!

The only downside of the Pentax Sigma is that it has no HSM and is driven by the cameras screw drive focus system. This makes it a bit nosier.

On the upside, the screw drive is as fast if not a little faster than HSM, and its a little bit smaller than the standard version.

Not had much chance to take it out as was waiting for a case, and still bought one too big today lol!

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Ahh true, but yeah the upside of it being a little faster to focus and making the lens a little bit lighter too? Well as soon as you get some, post some! I'm wanting to get this lens, you'll have to let me know how you find it :)

K5IIS_zps710fd6b0.jpg

Ahh yeah!!!

So much to learn with the camera and lens! Just a couple of starters... meant to get heavy snow here tomorrow so can go out and play!

IMGP9661_zps89328933.jpg

IMGP9655_zps147ab736.jpg

Weather was so dull and grey by time I got some pics - this is with the 18-135 at iso 6400:

IMGP9622_zps87f8608b.jpg

IMGP9598_zps7fa54264.jpg