ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Gear Knob

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I have read that they can be resprayed but being a ring wearer (oh er!!!) I wondered how successful this would be.
Clearly, very!!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yep I'm surprised it's lasted so well. I've a wedding ring on but I'm not sure it will stand up to a hand full of sovereign rings🤣.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
So the knob saga goes on. The shifter I thought I’d bought has now officially been lost in transit by Hermes and I’m back to square one and currently out of pocket.

My question is this. I have bought a universal Richbrook knob but as @RustyMojo correctly pointed out it won’t fit as the Clio has a lift for reverse.
But why can’t it be fitted? I assume the lift for reverse knobs allow the collar to rise Up the shaft when reverse is selected and a universal knob won’t If pushed fully onto the shaft.
But what if the old knob is removed and the shaft revealed. And the universal knob fitted to still allow the collar to rise. I’ve plenty of rubber sleeves in my cycle spares box which I can pack the shaft out with if that’s the issue.

I hope I’ve explained the issue well enough. In simple terms why can’t a universal knob work? And is there a way to modify the shaft/knob so it will fit.