ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New gtr being built!! I want one!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
T'is a very special car indeed, they're not fecking about! These folks have stuck to their game big time; a lot of manufacturers design a concept but then in reality its a lot different when released, Nissan said all along that it would be capable or nailing 997 turbo's and achieving 0-60 well within the supercar territory, and its achieved it comfortably. I'd hazard a guess that its even better than they first anticipated! I'd have one, in 5 years time....

SL.

Valver
This looks f**king sick, Nissan claims its faster than a 911 around the ring - and my boss is getting one :D

Whats all this about them making it harder to tune though?

Leaves me a bit cold to be honest much like the audi R8, for the money I would probably have one over cars at the same price point assuming it is 55/60k but there would be no way I'd have one over a 911 turbo (even if it gets round the ring quicker) or better yet a GT2. I'm not disputing it's capability nor the engineering/technical acheivement though. People are too caught up in quoting numbers these days to pull their head out of their ass and actually contemplate other factors.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ I doubt there'll be much faster round the Ring than the GT2. The new one looks insanely good, hope it's similar to the 996 with the no traction/abs and RWD.

Not that I'm in the market.... But I know someone that might buy one!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i agree it does look a little like a 350z, but saying that an R8 is similar to a TT and still looks Fab, if i had 60k im pretty sure it wouldnt be for this tho!!

SL.

Valver
People are too caught up in quoting numbers these days to pull their head out of their ass and actually contemplate other factors.

OK it doesnt look as good as a porsche, and probably not as precise, but I'm damn sure it will get around town better when its in pussy mode and there's more room inside....what other factors should we consider

Leaves me a bit cold to be honest much like the audi R8, for the money I would probably have one over cars at the same price point assuming it is 55/60k but there would be no way I'd have one over a 911 turbo (even if it gets round the ring quicker) or better yet a GT2. I'm not disputing it's capability nor the engineering/technical acheivement though. People are too caught up in quoting numbers these days to pull their head out of their ass and actually contemplate other factors.

You work for Porsche, you're bias :rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

I'm a man of taste ;)

It's like comparing a high street audio system with a quality AV seperate. Yes one may be louder and cheaper (+ having a load of flashing lights to keep the pikeys happy) but that doesn't make it better does it?

Cliokhunt the 997 GT2 has PSM (TC, SC & ABS) but is still RWD like the 996.

That said there is a huuuge difference in price and that pays for alot of tyres, petrol etc etc

Given the choice, hmm I'd take the Porsche.

BMW 330d :)

You work for Porsche, you're bias :rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

The technology in the skyline makes the porsche look like a fiesta...

Slightly hypocritical methinks. The man that works for porsche has his head up his ass as he thinks the turbo is unbeatable....

Nissan have beaten it for £40k less...

Oh dear...

Slightly hypocritical methinks. The man that works for porsche has his head up his ass as he thinks the turbo is unbeatable....

Nissan have beaten it for £40k less...

Oh dear...

Point out where i said unbeatable? :rolleyes:

Beaten is subjective, performance/price yes but again it depends on if you want the highstreet stereo with flashing lights that will blow the plaster off your council terraced neighbours wall or if you want the quality seperates...

As for head up my ass I've worked for a number of manufacturers and driven more cars over the decade I've been in the motortrade than you've had hot dinners.

I stand by my statement, if you want to win a game of top trumps or get into the uneducated pub talk b****cks quoting evo performance figures go ahead. I'd sooner let the driving experience make my mind up rather than a piece of paper with a load of numbers written on it.

Im sorry but at the end of the day the magazine writers drive a hell of a lot more cars than you ever will and if they say its better than a 911 then i'd believe them over a hugely biased porsche drone...

Have you driven the new gtr???

No well you cant comment!!

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
A car with GTR's weight and power doesn't do 3.3 0-60, regardless of what the press says.

Proof is in the pudding...I await with baited breath.

Im sorry but at the end of the day the magazine writers drive a hell of a lot more cars than you ever will and if they say its better than a 911 then i'd believe them over a hugely biased porsche drone...

I never disputed that they drive more cars I was pointing out I've driven a damn sight more than you. Drone? you havn't a clue have you, I'm not one who's swayed by brainwashing, clever advertising etc and I've worked in the past with products that I would happily point out the flaws with and tell people to avoid. Just because I work somewhere does not make me baised towards it, if anything I get to see a more balanced view of things seeing any pro's and con's that the general public aren't aware of. Suggesting I'm fed what my employer wants me to spout and don't have the capability of making a measured judgement for myself just proves your own ignorance.

No, however you've driven neither...

Last edited:

I never disputed that they drive more cars I was pointing out I've driven a damn sight more than you. Drone? you havn't a clue have you, I'm not one who's swayed by brainwashing, clever advertising etc and I've worked in the past with products that I would happily point out the flaws with and tell people to avoid. Just because I work somewhere does not make me baised towards it, if anything I get to see a more balanced view of things seeing any pro's and con's that the general public aren't aware of. Suggesting I'm fed what my employer wants me to spout and don't have the capability of making a measured judgement for myself just proves your own ignorance.

No, however you've driven neither...

Well you have just proved your ignorance by saying the turbo is a better car than the skyline when all of the professional motoring journalists say its not.

Porsche brainwashing?? I think so..

The end of the day your annoyed that a japanese company can make a better car than your vw...

Dry your eyes mate....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
It can be as fast as a veryon, It can be as cheap as a 182, But it will always be a Nissan.

They cannot compete with supercars, Purely because they havent got the name/Heritage ( I am well aware of how good their race cars are, But they (in this country maybe) Dont have a "cool" name.

Buying a "supercar" isnt just about performance. Heck, if you wanted just performance you would be a track type weapon (Radical) or a Bike. The supercar is a package. You show off in, It has to look stupid and over the top, make lots of noise and make everyone thing you have a small penis.

Everyones head is wrapped around figures these days, 0-60 in this, quarter of a mile in that, But its irrelevant, You by a super car as a status symbol, To show your wealth, To make other people think something about you, To provoke a reaction. IT doesnt all boil down to facts and figures.

It probably is faster/better round a race track im never going to go to, But id rather a 5 year old 996 Turbo over a brand spanking GTR, Purely because it says "Porsche" And not "nissan".

Badge snob? Yes i am, But so is 95% of planet earth is!

I'd want a supercar to be the most capable for the money and for me the gtr wipes the floor with cars twice its value... At the end of the day yes its a nissan but its half the value of the equivalent porsche which would be consolation enough for me im afraid...