ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new head unit

renault clio mark 2
hi am new to all this.

i have a renault clio mark 2.
i had a jvc cd player in it with 6x9s and sub with built in amp and i wired it all up fine.
today i fanced a change and bought a philps head unit 2100 with usb and aux.
the head unit went in the car fine just had to take of the old wireing harnnis so it was the standed connectors.
but now am lost as i carnt seem to wire my 6x9s in or sub. i look at all the wires and carnt seem to figer out were they go. in the back of the head unit there is allso i blue wire that is tel mute and a purple one that is oem or somthing like that am lost.
can anyone help thanks

Listerine & Poledo
Welcome to ClioSport Carl.

Did your headunit come with installation guides? Your new HU should come with stereo outputs (red/white plugs which would go into your sub/amp.

If your 6x9s and fronts were powered off of your stereo, there's no good reason why they shouldn't all be fine if the right plugs are in the right sockets.

Should be some cavalry come along with ideas soon.

In the meantime may I advise you add a spell-checker to your internet browser :eek: