ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New head unit

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Just got my self a new car, and i opted for no head unit so i can fit an aftermarket one. Now i dont have any ice, just 4 basic speaker setup. I have about £250 to spend tops, and i want something that looks smart and has upgradable potential. No sonys! Any recommendations?! Thanks

I got my Alpine CDA-7893R MP3 H/U for £250 almost a year ago, think the newer version is still around the same price bracket though.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

yeah i just ordered a Alpine CDA-9812RR for £240. Thought it was quite a good deal, but in the last 10 seconds, i just got a text saying they are out of stock. DAMN! Anyway, will have to see what they got then.

What about some 17cm 3-ways? Recommend any? I just cant be arsed to lift the whole dash off to fit components.

you can get the new Alpine 7894 MP3 head unit for £279.99 mate if u wanna stretch ur budget!!!! tis an amazing head unit & the new one now is able to play wma files & has bass boost pro which is even better for getting the most outta ur sub :D i cant recommend it more mate!! i will be getting it as my next head unit!

you can get it at http://www.caraudiodirect.co.ukwww.caraudiodirect.co.uk & I think u can also get it at http://www.cel-direct.comwww.cel-direct.com

i bought the alpine TDA7592R, its a cassette headunit but it does just about anything apart from change a tyre for me!

Really good but im now sorting out the rest of the system.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

wow, easy to replace the tweeters? i have a 199 RN and the tweeter covers are molded into the dash, so i cant get at them without takingthe whole top section of the dash off and steering shroud. Plus i cant figure what size the tweeters are, who 25mm ones fit?

if it is the mk2 clio i would go for a sony unit so you can get the smart leads so the steering wheel controls and the centre screen will still work. its up to you but it pi**ss me off when things dont work properly.

Very cheap place and very nice lookin/sounding ! I have this head unit and its amazing ! 4 x 60w plays MP3s and WMAs so 100+ songs per CD !! BASS ENGINE and 3 ,4volt pre-outs for amps etc !! THIS HEAD UNIT IS THE MUTTS NUTTS !!