ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here! Clio RS III Trackday R20 (Netherlands)

KdK

Clio R20, Alfa Romeo 159
Hello,

Greetings from the Netherlands (near Rotterdam).
I am Karel and found you guys surfing on the internet.

I own a Clio III RS for all most a year. After buying the car (with 12.000 km on the clock) we started to make it a trackday car.

The rebuild was done by Madeno Racing, they also run a race-team with two Clio's (and some Aston Martins) and run a Clio R3 Rally car. So they know what they are doing.

My car is the number 2 car they build like this but the first one that still may drive on the public road. Technical only the suspension, brakes and exhaust changed.

On the wishlist there is:
- new air intake (+ 11 BHP)
- some changes on the suspencion (more camber)

But pictures are better to let you see hou my Clio is looking. And more easy for me... my English is a bit rusty. :)

Building the car:

clio14.jpg

clio15.jpg

clio16.jpg

clio17.jpg

clio18.jpg

clio20.jpg

clio21.jpg

Finally they start to rebuild again:

clio30.jpg

clio31.jpg

clio32.jpg

clio33.jpg

And this is the result:

clio47.JPG

clio48.JPG

clio49.JPG

clio50.JPG

clio51.JPG

clio52.JPG

clio53.JPG

clio54.JPG

clio55.jpg

clio56.jpg

clio57.jpg

cliohw10.jpg

cliohw20.jpg

cliohw30.jpg

And a movie of two laps on Zandvoort.

2 laps on Zandvoort race track movie!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Again why do the foreigners go crazy with there cars!

Looks mint!

KdK

Clio R20, Alfa Romeo 159
Again why do the foreigners go crazy with there cars!

Looks mint!

Beacause we like to drive like crazy...? :rasp:
The Clio is a perfect basis for a trackday car.

I don't know. I think in England there are more crazy Clio's than in the Netherlands... You have more trackdays there than here. So who go foreigners grazy with there cars... you are right. Foreigners do go crazy with there cars! ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe it's just because any foriegner who posts on here has done a lot to there clio and made a nice job, where as here we are scared of changinf the bulbs incase it looks too different!

More fool us if you ask me.

KdK

Clio R20, Alfa Romeo 159
Maybe it's just because any foriegner who posts on here has done a lot to there clio and made a nice job, where as here we are scared of changinf the bulbs incase it looks too different!

More fool us if you ask me.

From my point of view you are an foreigner! :D:D

172 5HED
Also, can you take me a pic or two of how the legs of the cage behind the drivers seat are fixed?? As Im going to need to weld mine!

KdK

Clio R20, Alfa Romeo 159
Also, can you take me a pic or two of how the legs of the cage behind the drivers seat are fixed?? As Im going to need to weld mine!

Will take a picture tonight (i think i will take the Clio for a spin tonight) an will put it on line tomorrow. Okay?

Tav

Clio 197
Very high standard of preparation! I like Madeno Racing, some UK tuners could learn a thing or two from their website. Very professional. Car looks great!

very impressive car that!
i was at zandvoort beach at the beginning of the month and wandered over to the track for a looksie there were no cars on though :(

KdK

Clio R20, Alfa Romeo 159
very impressive car that!
i was at zandvoort beach at the beginning of the month and wandered over to the track for a looksie there were no cars on though :(

You should have called!
September 2th we are at Zolder circuit in Belgium.
Driving from 13.00 until 18.00 hours. Open track....