ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here... First 172, PH1 ;)

2014 RS Clio 200T
Hi All,

​just thought id post a couple pictures up of my new Sport i had on Wednesday night, Always always been a fan of them as i have always reen into my clios, i started of with the MK1 valvers and Rsi's and loved them, put then moved away to anything an everything else lol 106 Gtis, Qucikys, Corsa's, Vectra Gsi's, Punto turbos but when i got offered a Sport i had to go for it without question, Here she is only gave her a quick clean inside and out so far

Just ticked 103k
Apparently had the Cambelt and dephaser pulley done 15months ago, isnt making any odd noises at the moment
Only Mods are
Magnex Cat Back
Cheap Air filter
Black F1's

Has the Shift light too! unsure about Alley bonnet though lol

Car its self if very Clean, 1 or 2 little dings, No scuff or scratches etc
Interior is mint!

IMG00433-20130519-1225_zps1fac5673.jpg

IMG00434-20130519-1225_zpsa9513758.jpg

IMG00435-20130519-1225_zps0cc9fe82.jpg

IMG00438-20130519-1226_zpsdaff9f98.jpg

IMG00439-20130519-1234_zps77939f7c.jpg

Got a couple plans for it:
Phase 2 rear lights
Phase 2 rear 172 bumper
Higher Back box
Lower

​Thanks :)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looks fairly straight and clean. Get those headlights mopped and de-hazed.

I wouldnt put Ph2 stuff on, but thats just me. You will struggle to find a rear 172 bumper in titanium too, unless one has previously been painted. All Ph2 are iceberg silver.

Also, if you havent got a receipt for the cambelt, I would be looking to get that done first

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I'll echo what Cookson said, the cambelt should be a priority, you don't want that slipping.

I'm also against Ph2 lights/bumpers on a Ph1. The only Ph2 part going on my Ph1 will be a cup spoiler.

Looks a good, clean little car though. Oh, and Titanium is for winners ;)

2014 RS Clio 200T
Ah Right, ill be leaving the PH2 rear bumper then lol!

I had a quick go at the lights they where seriously bad tbh! but need to get a mop on them as i was trying to do it by hand lol

2014 RS Clio 200T
It Does sound.... ermmm, Loud ill give you that lol especially after 6.5k lol surely not doing any good though, even with its 2 bodged in air feeds i found earlier!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
just make your own k-tec style induction, it will gain you something over your current setup (I tested that with a friend)

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I was going to say what's been said already really. Leave it as a ph1. Only ph2 part which should find its way on to the car is a cup spoiler.
And sort that filter out! It's doing you no favours!

Nice Ph1 :)

Im going to go against the grain from what everyone else has said. Personally i think ph2 side strips, bullets and colour coded handles are the way forward. Just put some on mine and looks so much fresher already, not even cleaned it yet!
I'm still tempted to put a ph2 rear bumper on but not sure yet. if you want one ive got an un-cut 172 cup rear bumper ;)

echo the air filter thing, my K&N is doing me no favours at all, sounds good but will be going for a DIY K-tec style or original airbox soon

Monaco
even with its 2 bodged in air feeds i found earlier!

From what I can see in the picture it looks like you've got the standard air feeds in there. Well at least one of them anyway.

[edit] pretty sure I can see the second one too. If so you just need the airbox and a filter.