ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New hub ABS issues

Clio 182
Hi everyone,

I've had to replace a few bits on the front end of my 182 recently due to an earlier snow incident.

I had been driving round with a nsf hub with no ABS sensor in it. This obviously caused all the warning lights to come on and all the ABS, ESP etc. to be disabled. Anyway I finally got round to replacing that hub (as it was running out too much), which had an ABS sensor in it which I reconnected.

When I switched the ignition back on, the warning lights were still on, so I tried disconnecting the battery for a good 5 hours in the hope that the ECU might forget! However the warning lights are still on and the ABS and ESP are definitely not working (tested in the rain).

Do I need to have the fault code cleared before this will work again? Or do I still have a faulty sensor somewhere?

Cheers
Andy

Lots of Alfas
It could be either of the above, check the alignement of the abs sensor and the abs ring on the driveshaft is ok

ABS fault codes clear themselves once everything is connected right and you drive at over 11mph.

Either be alignment or knackered/incorrect sensor.

Clio 182
Cheers, alignment looks fine, as all the bent bits are replaced now. Surely something would have to be drastically wrong for it to not be aligned still?!

So I think it must be a duff sensor. Which is a pain cos the little b******s don't like coming out!

Actually I've just remembered trying quite hard to get this one out of the hub and spraying oil all over it (which went in the little eye at the bottom). Also tried twisting it a lot with no joy, so that abuse may have killed it.