ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New ICE

Im new to the ICE business & I want a little more noise from my Clio. Ive got an Alpine CDM-7872RB HU & ive replaced the speakers all round with Sony Xplod ones. Im thinking of getting an amp & a sub but dont know the first thing about them. Ive got a bit of coin to spend but not a great amount.

Any sort of help would be seriously wicked as Im pretty crap at these things.

Cheers

kind of deends what music u listen to.

Ported subs ( i.e. not sealed in a box) are better for drum n bass, producing a much lower bass tone.

Sealed ones poduce more of a punchy affect, idea for listening to speed garage, rock, trance etc.

The bigger the sub, the more bass, providing u got a decent amp. Personally i wouldnt go bigger than 12"

Laguna

What u looking for, Sound quality or big bass, you need to think about the size of the sub your after which is the first thing. Are you looking for something with nice tight/fast puchy bass (8" or 10" sub) or longer extended bass (12"+ sub). Its all down to your own taste really mate, on the type of music you listen too, Nice tight smallish subs are ideal for fast dance tunes. I would take time out and listen to differing subs and if you have the cash rather than opting for deals from motorworld etc with average 2x12" subs and a average amp to power them.

I can recomend if your on a budget Alpine type R subs, always been impressed with what you can throw at them but make sure you are going with a powerful amp too to run them. Dont blow all your money on the sub and get a cheap amp. If you dont have enough save a bit more and it will pay off.

Laguna

Just looked at the link matey, Not really heard of the brand of the Amp mate, It depends on the true power output of the amp, a lot of the figures stamped on products make it hard to say, nearly all cheap amps dont give out true readings, and to get the most of your sub its best to put a bit of money into the amp and get something thats gonna give the power you need. You have the right idea of the sort of deals to look for. For example for another £100 on Cel-direct.com you can get the alpine deal of the v12 alpine amp and the type R sub. Bridged that will give you 340watts RMS at 4ohms, not massive figures i know, but sound quality will be nice and not too pocket hungry.

Its so hard mate i know as if you speak to the dealer they will tell you and try to sell you something totally different. But sometimes the guys are genuine, do your paper work and check the deals on the net and visit you local ICE guys and see what deal you can get. Remember thou the figures your looking at on the net are generally not RMS power figures, look for that as its more likely to be honest answers.

OK cheers clio172boy, your info has been much appreciated.

when you say bridged what does that mean & how do i go about it?

Nothings happening for a while so im gonna have a chat with some local ICE dealers & c wot theyve gotta say for themselves, fingers crossed.

cheers again

Laguna

Bridged just means just that your bridging a two channel amp over to one to the sub. Normally all amps will give you instructions if your struggling matey.

Any more questions give us a shout :)