ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iMac's to be released!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Looking good!

http://www.apple.com/uk/imac/

27" Screen! :eek: Just checked the price on the US website - the UK get done again on their pricing.

The US is nearly £300 less than the UK for the top model - how does that work?!

Tempted to get one whilst I'm in the States next month to upgrade the previous model - but so expensive even if it is cheaper over there!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
isn't there a power issue with using US models over here?? just get it online somewhere (dixons are pretty cheap for macs) ...better yet will be the savings for the previous surplus 24" imacs!!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Generally any Apple products ae the same price anywhere I thought?

I have the 24" one now, although I'm not sure if the 27" will be a bit big!

Scirocco GT 2.0
Have you seen the new porsche? ;)

Yeah, they're at it aswell.

I hate it when companies bring something new out and it looks exactly the same and therefore you will have to TELL people you have one of the new iMacs instead of them saying "Oh cool, you have one of the new ones"

Which is uncool to me, and to pay that sort of money is a bit silly really. All your really paying for is the "I've got a Mac and therefore i'm cool" image and the badge. They could quite easily be cheaper and therefore, IMO, they would sell even more. If they are really out to take on Windows PCs they have got to be priced for the masses.

Bit like a Porsche yeah ;)

Oil Burner
I only buy Apple/Mac Products because they work so well, not because they are cool. After all, no-one will really see a desktop?

The new Imac is also widescreen and a little bit larger, considerably so with the 27".

Best thing to come out of it is they have binned the 'mighty' mouse. Going to have to buy one of these 'Magic Mouse', anything where the scroll actually works properly.

Yeah, they're at it aswell.

I hate it when companies bring something new out and it looks exactly the same and therefore you will have to TELL people you have one of the new iMacs instead of them saying "Oh cool, you have one of the new ones"

Which is uncool to me, and to pay that sort of money is a bit silly really. All your really paying for is the "I've got a Mac and therefore i'm cool" image and the badge. They could quite easily be cheaper and therefore, IMO, they would sell even more. If they are really out to take on Windows PCs they have got to be priced for the masses.

Bit like a Porsche yeah ;)

You wouldn't get one. You'd just lie and pretend you had one. Like usual.

182 has now gone!
When I was having a look (dreaming!) at them, the assistant told me they were doing an offer, if you take in your old pc they will give you £200 off a new one..

Truth hurt does it, fairytale boy?

Anyway I thought you'd left this forum after crying to me about deleting your account?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i got my 13" macbook pro a few days ago, i honestly dont know why i didnt swap to a Mac earlier. This thing is brilliant, everything works and things are just instant. Such a pleasure to use.

carl

Fiat Panda 100hp
Amazing how many people are getting on the mac bandwagon now.

£200 off when you trade in your PC.. I like that, literally taking out the competition.

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
I only buy Apple/Mac Products because they work so well, not because they are cool. After all, no-one will really see a desktop?

The new Imac is also widescreen and a little bit larger, considerably so with the 27".

Best thing to come out of it is they have binned the 'mighty' mouse. Going to have to buy one of these 'Magic Mouse', anything where the scroll actually works properly.

Same as guy, only cos they work! :)
and yep, I'll be having a new mouse too, mighty mouse is on it last legs after I pulled it apart to clean the insides of all the dust etc that has built up over the last 2 years, NOT an easy job!

One thing I am disappointed about is the lack of Blue-ray player built in!

Apple won't put them in as they believe it's going to die before it gets big and they're probably right.

Things are moving online. You can buy HD films from iTunes now. That will be how people buy/rent in years to come and the BR sales will slow.

Tesla MP3 2021
Apple won't put them in as they believe it's going to die before it gets big and they're probably right.

Things are moving online. You can buy HD films from iTunes now. That will be how people buy/rent in years to come and the BR sales will slow.

+1

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
link to lie about mac ownership by scottydog please.

i would like a mac or a mac laptop... but i jsut cannae afford it. plus i should really have a play on one to show me the way so to speak... they do look cool.

A red missile
Generally any Apple products ae the same price anywhere I thought?

I have the 24" one now, although I'm not sure if the 27" will be a bit big!

The 27" one has an i5 processor though and having just bought a pc with one in they are a seriously quick processor - i7 will be available soon shortly, place I work at has some 24's at the moment and are going for some 27's shortly - or so they tell me.

If (and its a big if) I take my 'apple are the spawn of satan' hat off I'd have to be honest and say if I approached one as a first time buyer, I'd be tempted, I've used a 24" iMac at work and it's not bad to work on, throw in the bigger screen and some serious shove (which the i7 will give it) and it's not a bad hunk of kit. I'd never swap personally (I'd die first) but for non gamers I can see the appeal as long as people can live with the price differential, if that disappeared I honestly think more people would swap.

Clio 182 Trophy
Macs rule got a top spec imac and 1000's of pounds worth of gear to go with it but my bloody desk won't fit in my new place so I am on a crappy PC laptop whilst my parents revel in the world of apple!:eek: I have to drive 10 miles to update my bloody ipod can't be bothered to load my tunes on here as it will probably go slower then an asthmatic on a push bike! P.S I am asthmatic and there is nothing funnier or slower then watching me cycle!

57 Clio Campus Sport
I've always been a PC but I've just ordered a new macbook, the new glass touchpad is pretty cool, was just dispatched...

I thought I'd spent far too much on my MBP, but I've not used a PC in over 18months since buying it. I'm definitely a fan boy, but not Revel's standards.

EDIT: Too much money Rich ;) Oh and I found a vid of you driving around kames the other day lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I thought I'd spent far too much on my MBP, but I've not used a PC in over 18months since buying it. I'm definitely a fan boy, but not Revel's standards.

EDIT: Too much money Rich ;) Oh and I found a vid of you driving around kames the other day lol.

I was clearly only a passenger who swore lots :D

Not enough money now!!

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
New iMac is amazing. Everyone's nobbing on about HD bluray etc.. but no one goes on about the new screen's. Run higher than HD and for that i'd buy one