ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPad Questions...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi chaps, just ordered a new iPad from Apple. Was going to go for the iPad2 but price difference is minimal breaking it down.

2 quick questions really:

Tethering from my iPhone? Call up my provider?

And itunes? Will it recognise it as a total different device and create it's own settings? I want to start afresh and not use any apps or stuff from the 2 iPhones we have.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chap. We didn't even have the iPad1 long enough to worry about that. Gave it back to her Dad because we didn't use it. Decided to go for a new one now.

I don't think you need to contact your provider to activate Tethering/Personal Hotspot - I may be wrong though, I just turned it on on my iPhone when I used it and accessed it via the wifi connections on my iPad.

It doesn't even need to go near iTunes. You can do everything out of the box. Either way, you can choose to import a backup from another device (iPhone, iPod touch) - so it'll be identical to that, or as you want, just start afresh with the new device.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think you need to contact your provider to activate Tethering/Personal Hotspot - I may be wrong though, I just turned it on on my iPhone when I used it and accessed it via the wifi connections on my iPad.

It doesn't even need to go near iTunes. You can do everything out of the box. Either way, you can choose to import a backup from another device (iPhone, iPod touch) - so it'll be identical to that, or as you want, just start afresh with the new device.

Hopefully I can do it without iTunes.

Depends on network, with voda its inclusive.

I'm with Vodafone. Just use the hotspot function?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with voda, they said that i can't add it to my plan as i don't have an iPhone plan. coupled with the awful signal is the reason I'm trying to get out of the contract.

off topic: ben is it you that works at voda? any way you can help in getting out of a contract?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
no worries, worth a try.

Ive reported the sudden drop in signal to them today and they said they will investigate and that i should ring back in 10 days, to which i replied if it isn't sorted in the 10 days then ill be cancelling and not paying.

anyway very off topic now. pm me if you have any advice at all.

i thought the iPads had to be activated via iTunes first and then the whole never needing to plug it in again starts?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
That must have been what I had then.

Ill second vodafone going shite latley! Crap signal, dropping calls, poor 3G coverage, and I had some guy on the phone to me today trying to my my non 3G iPad off me for £210 (2 months old) and giving me a 3G iPad and a contract!

That and forcing an extra 750mb (still not enough) on me for an extra £8 a month today had left a very bitter taste in my mouth so looking at cancelling soon and going payg probably

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the help chaps. Should be here in the next couple of days. :)

There are probably a hundred more questions but that'll do for now!

I'll order up a nice sleeve for it just now.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Thanks for all the help chaps. Should be here in the next couple of days. :)

There are probably a hundred more questions but that'll do for now!

I'll order up a nice sleeve for it just now.

I've got a switcheasy canvas and it's nothing but epic (albeit pricey).

German engineering at its best lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is that a case or a sleeve? I'm not into cases really prefer just a sleeve to pop it in when not using.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Any cheap funky sleeves about?

The missus wants more a funky one, I was happy with a nice Griffin Elan one. Cheap and cheerful.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well it's awesome.

5772d1b4-d24d-4092.jpg