ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPad to be available early 2011?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd say so, since it'll be it's first birthday.

I think I'll finally take the plunge then.

Leon Cupra 300
I was going to hold out for one of these, mainly for internet in the living room... but since my old laptop has died i'm just going to get a smaller laptop and use that instead.

BMW F31
Depending on the difference's I may upgrade my current one. Tbh if they add a camera I cant really see me using it when I have my iPhone 4. Retina Display would be nice to look at.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've fallen in love with my 15" again now. Got the whole case, LCD, keyboard & lid replaced by Apple under Applecare. :eek:

LY 182
I've fallen in love with my 15" again now. Got the whole case, LCD, keyboard & lid replaced by Apple under Applecare. :eek:

Awesome! I'm thinking of taking mine into the store and seeing if I can swindle a new lid after getting a tiny chip in mine from dropping the iPhone on it. Hoping they'll gimme a new iPhone too cos they're so f**king cool! :cool:

Monaro VXR
Retina will not happen on the iPad.

The resolution might be increased but a true 300ppi+ Retina display...no way, not a chance. The processors simply could not handle the resolution. Not to mention the cost of producing a screen that size with such a high pixel density would make it incredibly expensive.

I reckon it would likely jump to around the 1600 res area at most on the new one. It simply would not jump to 4000+ x 3000+ pixels like it would need to if it went retina now. That would put a 27"imac to shame resolution wise.

Will be buying one though, just think retina display is something you shouldn't be hoping for. Higher res yes, real retina no.

Megane
I keep kicking myself not to get the iPad yet as the second one will be out just before my B-Day next year.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome! I'm thinking of taking mine into the store and seeing if I can swindle a new lid after getting a tiny chip in mine from dropping the iPhone on it. Hoping they'll gimme a new iPhone too cos they're so f**king cool! :cool:

Yeah, all that because the iSight packed up, along with the light sensor for the backlit keyboard.

No sensor: No backlighting.

Fortunately, they're a sealed unit, so they have to replace my dented LCD lid. Boohoo. ;)

They're also replacing the whole case because I asked.

I tried not to look ecstatic when he said it's a hardware fault. LOL

LY 182
ROFL. Excellent.

Actually I already had a new lid / screen awhile back because I thought the pixels looked out. (I have dodgy eye sight, Vision Express told me so). Anyway, the guy was like hmmm there is a slight flicker, we'll get a new screeen for you. And to add to that, my local Apple store is MK, bout 20-25 mins drive, and he was like it'll be about 4 hours so I was just gonna go home and collect it the following day. I get a call about an hour later, 'Simon we've sorted it and it's ready for you to collect'.

Apple is just full of awesome!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Heroes. Mine goes in for the repair tomorrow.

They said to just hang around at the Trafford Centre if I wanted, it'll be an hour or so.

Blast out the Christmas shopping, then go and collect my revitalised MBP. :cool:

Never above 25mpg
I'll look at getting a 1st gen iPad when the new one comes out! I just dont need one but WANT is alot :eek: