ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPhone 13, Apple Watch & iPad mini

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  AG 200
Which one did you go for? I’ve never been a watch wearer but I might get one. Was thinking blue with blue braided solo loop.
28F384BA-5EC5-4D86-B461-2F100D75003E.jpeg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Which one did you go for? I’ve never been a watch wearer but I might get one. Was thinking blue with blue braided solo loop.
If you don't need things like the blood O2 & ECG, then consider the SE model, does pretty much everything else, but is a lot cheaper and still a very competent smart watch with a lot of features. Or find a Series 6 which does have those extras for less money than a Series 7 and won't be hugely different.

I'm on my 3rd Apple Watch now, had an original one, then a Nike Edition Series 3 and now have a Nike Edition SE, which I got a year ago, each time a nice upgrade over the previous one. Wearing a normal watch feels weird now LOL.

133T
If you don't need things like the blood O2 & ECG, then consider the SE model, does pretty much everything else, but is a lot cheaper and still a very competent smart watch with a lot of features. Or find a Series 6 which does have those extras for less money than a Series 7 and won't be hugely different.

I'm on my 3rd Apple Watch now, had an original one, then a Nike Edition Series 3 and now have a Nike Edition SE, which I got a year ago, each time a nice upgrade over the previous one. Wearing a normal watch feels weird now LOL.
Good advice. Especially since I’m not sure I’ll get on with a watch. I want to give it a go though.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Good advice. Especially since I’m not sure I’ll get on with a watch. I want to give it a go though.

Handy comparison here >>> https://www.apple.com/uk/watch/compare/

The Series 3 is cheap as chips now, but the lack of internal memory meant you had to wipe it every time it needed an update, which was a PITA, so I would avoid personally, as that was a big negative for me. The SE has 32GB vs 8GB in the Series 3, so that issue is resolved and there's a load of other improvements.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
£34 how?

Not strictly £34 :p

When I returned the DTK ,I bought an (Apple Silicon) Mac Mini to replace it at the same time so that I was able to continue to test software on both Intel and Apple Silicon.

So I've had £365 sitting there for ages that I haven't used and won't use on any other hardware, the gift voucher is only valid up to the end of the year so I was waiting on the new watches to come out, I've currently got a S6 and I make use of the things like the ECG and heart rate stuff all the time because I use them to verify that something is wrong and that I need to go to A&E. They're incredibly useful.

The SpO2 feature is going to be interesting. My SpO2 is normally low anyway, when I'm in hospital they stand there after taking the reading and tell me I need to breathe more and deeper because it's always s**t.

1634305869241.png

2014 Clio 200t edc
Oh wow ok! That’s awesome, didn’t realise you got money for fully helping the development!
I know what you mean about the 6 and the o2 readings, it useful especially with covid about etc as one of the keys is if the o2 levels drop to a certain level.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Oh wow ok! That’s awesome, didn’t realise you got money for fully helping the development!
I know what you mean about the 6 and the o2 readings, it useful especially with covid about etc as one of the keys is if the o2 levels drop to a certain level.

Oh no, I probably should have said about that as well, I had to put down cash for the DTK, I needed the machine.

What actually happened was once the DTK programme had ended, they sent everybody who had a unit this:

1634342867374.png

To say that they under estimated just how much offering developers, testing their applications so that apple silicon optimised apps would be available from launch, just 200 of the 500 dollars they paid to borrow the machine would backfire.

Suffice to say, less than 24 hours later this email arrived, the US owners got the full amount back in apple store credit, here in the UK we got a little stiffed, we didn't quite get back the full amount but it wasn't far off in the end.

But it felt like I only paid 34 quid today because the rest of the balance was paid nearly 2 years ago!